Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski hire in geneva?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I will be skiing in the chamonix, Val D'isere area for a week in march. I will be flying in/out of Geneva.
Is there a ski hire/rent place close to the airport. if there is - it would certainly be more convenient than
renting/returing in each town I visit.

thanks
Marty
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's quite a way from Chamonix to Val D'Isere! I can't remember any hire places v near the airport but although there are probably plenty along your route, if you are skiing a long way from the hire shop you've no recourse if anything goes wrong, and you're stuck with the same pair all week - it might be nice to try some different skis, especially if conditions change - that's one of the main benefits of hiring. Anywhere you ski should have plenty of choice. Do you have your own boots?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mrpow, What an interesting question. Can one presume you are arriving from across the pond? Chamonix and Vd'I aren't (or at least, not by anyone I talk to) generally referred to as being in the same area. Or, at least, at least, not by road.

Why drive 30 minutes into downtown Geneva to park up and acquire a pair of skis that will be anything between 1 hour and 4 hours from where you are? when you can happily rock up into most ski shops in either town (e.g. any big chain although we would recommend some like Jean Sports in Val) and grab a pair off the rack. You can even pre-reserve.

Also, my chosen route between GVA/VdI/CHX would be a triangle, probably necessitating a detour at some point.

Unless there's something you aren't telling us, rent in resort would be my echo of Pam's comments.

Also, although my experience is limited, the quality of skis for hire here in Geneva itself leaves something to be desired.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy