Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Coogan to play Eddie 'The Eagle'

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Steve Coogan has signed up to play Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards in a film of the British ski-jumper's life story.
Eddie the Eagle will begin shooting in January in the UK and Calgary - the Canadian city where Edwards took last place in the 1988 Winter Olympics
Shocked Shocked Shocked

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6937217.stm
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
U saw it here first folks Wink
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=685216#685216
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Maybe Eddie the Eagle should then play Steve Coogan in Coogan's life story ?

Coogan regularly features in the News of The World, gossip columns etc. I am sure Eddie would give the role his best even if foreigners might make a much better job of it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
admin wrote:
U saw it here first folks Wink
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=685216#685216

Sorry

Mised that one

Embarassed
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ahhh Coogan.....drugs peddler to the stars.....
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Renry wrote:
Coogan to play Eddie 'The Eagle'

This now seems to be history. Sean Penn seems to be out of the running, too. According to The Independent:
Quote:
He might also find out who they want for the lead role. Until recently it was Steve Coogan. "But I wouldn't mind that guy from Hot Fuzz... is his name Sean Penn," says Edwards. Erm no, Simon Pegg. "Oh yes. Simon Pegg." Mistaking Penn for Pegg is somehow typical of Edwards, a man of immense bonhomie who still radiates a faint air of haplessness, even though the thick glasses and prominent jaw – which once combined to make him strikingly reminiscent of the hero of the children's books Where's Wally? – are long gone.

Source: "It was while I was in a mental hospital I heard I was in the Olympic team"
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Eagle, Partridge and complete T*t of himself. Some theme here?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This story has been doing the rounds with various different actors for the past ten years!

About 8 years ago i had a skiing lesson with Eddie at Tamworth snow dome and he was saying then that it was all due to be done the following year but it fell through for one reason or another.

Top bloke though. Really chatty, a good instructor (He had us skiing down the slope with only one ski on) and he had a couple of drinks in the bar after when he could easily have just gone off home.

I think he's a lawyer/barrister now.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
no_snow_in_swindon wrote:

Have a feeling that fell through as well,though it was one of his longer term plans so he might still be trying.Met him a couple of times at Tamworth...he was doing 'Ski with Eddie' days.As said,he is a top bloke,and very genuine.No airs and graces what so ever.Chatty and interesting to talk to as well.Difficult to see a film ever being made....unless they sign up Eddie as himself Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
no_snow_in_swindon wrote:

Mate of mine sent me a picture of him recently, doing some joinery work in his office in gloucester.

edit: that didn't work did it? eddie was doing the joinery, mate's office! tsk!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
"I think he's a lawyer/barrister now."
Is he called 'Eddie the Legal Eagle'?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Eddie said, at one point, that he was taking up a law degree but I'm not sure how far it went. He's definitely back in the building trade now - that Independent article above explains, and is a thoroughly good and entertaining read by Brian Viner.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
best thing to come from Cheltenham
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy