Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where & where not

Poster: A snowHead
Which big name resorts have you never visited, but want to, and which don't appeal at all ?

I've always wanted to go to St Anton, but have no desire to visit Chamonix.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've always wanted to go to Verbier

No desire to visit Zermatt
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've always wanted to be in La Plagne

I have no need to ski La Rosiere
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We've always fancied going to Utah Ski areas Smile

Never wanted to go to 3 valleys Shocked
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ssnowman, St Anton is top of my personal top 10. You might not want to go to Chamonix but I think it's a place that's pretty unique on this planet and you really should go stand in the middle of town and crane your neck, and just look up in awe - few places on Earth can boast the same vertical difference between town and mountain tops in quite such a confined valley. It is stunning. I love the skiing there too but seldom do you get it to yourself and I'm not taken with the general rat race feel to the place.

Mouth, I'd take Zermatt over Verbier any day.

The only place I've not been to but will one day is the Wengen/Grindlewald/Murren area.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I want everyday to be in Les Arcs/La Plagne. Then I go to work. Sad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boredsurfin, Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I want to go to Whistler/Jackson Hole/Verbier/etc./etc.

Wouldn't mind not going back to Sierra Nevada (spain)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
For Whistler / Zermatt / Ischgl

Against Seefeld (been in the summer don't see the attraction for winter/too small ) and anywhere in Bulgaria!

I'm with Bode Swiller, on Chamonix after the Grand Canyon the most impressive place I've ever been to gives you a real sense of scale of self against the world!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I want to go to Lech, never wanted to go to Verbier.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I want to go somewhere in Utah, I don't want to go to Flaine.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
In Europe the I have visited quite a few of the famous areas the two that I haven't beent to that I reckon are famous are St Moritz and Kitzbuhel though there are loads of reasonably well known places I haven't visited.
I would certainly like to see both but would not plan a visit to Kitz unless I knew the snow to be reasonable, there have been a few people who I know who have been and found depressing snow conditions.

In North America Utah appeals a lot, Vail sounds missable. Without being you never know but you can't visit everywhere and it does not sound like it would appeal to me.

On what is noted above I visited Chamonix for the first time this year and it over delivered on my expectations I would say a definite place to visit for scenic grandeur and quality of skiing.
Cool snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
T Bar, Vail ain't that bad.

St Anton - sometime I hope - bummer they chucked SCGB out.
To avoid - anywhere in Austria below 2000m except for last minute booking - - Kitzbuhel etc etc etc
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

To avoid - anywhere in Austria below 2000m except for last minute booking - - Kitzbuhel etc etc etc

erm, isn't St Anton at 1304m ?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
For - Wengen, but doing next year, after that then Cortina/Selva dolomites.
No interest in Pamparovo. I think all major resorts have something unique to offer.
ski holidays
Another Where: Scandanavia, just for the experience.
Another Where Not: Cervinia - would much rather stay in Zermatt and ski over.
snow report
Quote:

Can't agree. You're definitely best off with a full-time local showing you around all the possibilities that area has to offer.

Quote:

Can't agree again. Kitz is very reliable for snow. As an example, the Val D'Isere downhill has been cancelled far more times than the Hahnemkann. I think you're falling for the national press propaganda and repeating the "must go higher than 2000m" mantra.
snow conditions
Bode Swiller wrote:
Can't agree again. Kitz is very reliable for snow. As an example, the Val D'Isere downhill has been cancelled far more times than the Hahnemkann. I think you're falling for the national press propaganda and repeating the "must go higher than 2000m" mantra.

Aren't they at least a month apart, with Val normally taking part right at the start of winter? Not sure that's comparing like with like. Kitz and Wengen might be a better comparison?
latest report
I'd be happy trying any new place, half the fun, IMHO is exploring.....
ski holidays
rob@rar, Apart from last season, I'd say that Kitzbuhel has been pretty much open top to bottom at around the same week-end as the Premiere Neige yet Val has quite often been struggling and the races disrupted/cancelled. Just an observation based on the fact I normally try and sneak in an early week-end in Kitzbuhel and have been doing so for years.
ski holidays
Would like to try Val Gardena

Don't wish to go to Verbier or Val Disease
snow report
Want to go to Kitbuhel, Wengen and back to the Dolomites but other resorts (have been to Campitello).

Don't really have any interest in Val D'isere, nor very much in Flaine or 3V.
latest report
I can't wait to go to St Anton. Also want to go to Val D, Park City, Laax and Saas Fe.

Flaine doesn't appeal. Or any of those 3-run mountains in Canada (the piste-maps are ridiculous - i swear the dry slope in Edinburgh is bigger)
latest report
I would like to go to the Dolomites, Lake Tahoe and Mammoth. Also return to Wengen

I don't want to go to Val d'Isere or Meribel.
snow report
The "to go" list is long: Zermatt, Verbier, Chamonix, the Dolomites, etc...

The "to miss" list is technically zero: to NOT go to a place without being there first hand is narrow-minded.

However, the "bottom" of "to go" list would qualify as a pseudo "to miss" list: Beaver Creek, North Star, Sun Valley, Steamboat, Waterville Valley, Loon. I wouldn't bother with any of them, unless I happen upon a super-sweet deal (flight/lodge/lift).

Over the pond: won't be in a hurry to visit anywhere in France except Chamonix (and maybe La Grave, some day). I can have as many "purpose build resort" without the 6 hour flight. But again, a killer deal would change that.
ski holidays
Europe

yes please - Verbier
no thanks - Trois Valles

N America

yes please - Jackson Hole
no thanks - Whistler
latest report
Europe:

Yes: dolomites (for the scenery)
No: Any of those ghastly places in france the "proles" go to Toofy Grin

N America

Yes: Utah
No: Tremblant
ski holidays
Yes: Whistler again - was my first trip but not good enough to appreciate it

No: St Gervais - Never again!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes: St Anton and Chamonix (when I become a better skiier)

No: I'd go anywhere to ski, but possibly be wary of Eastern Europe - only on the grounds of dodgey snow cover.
snow conditions
Yes: Whistler - I've always heard good things

No: Borrovets didn't sound very pleasant at all... Bansko looks nicer!
ski holidays
Yes: Dolomites

No: Bulgaria
snow report
ssnowman wrote:
but have no desire to visit Chamonix.

Heathen !! Toofy Grin
snow report
Yes: St Anton.

No: Aviemore. (sorry)
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Wear The Fox Hat, it's ok, you can get to Cairngorm from any direction without having to go through Aviemore at all Little Angel
ski holidays
Yes:List is way too long... I want to ski everywhere Very Happy

No: Probably Mt Baw baw would take this slot.... No great desire to do this...
latest report
 brian
brian
little tiger, Mt Baw baw ??? You've made that up haven't you ? Laughing
snow conditions
Yes Dolomites, Zermatt, Utah resorts, Whistler
No Flaine, Eastern Europe,
snow conditions
brian wrote:
Wear The Fox Hat, it's ok, you can get to Cairngorm from any direction without having to go through Aviemore at all Little Angel

PMSL. Laughing
ski holidays
If someone who knows said I'll show you around..and we are on the same wavelenght/like the same sort of skiing..then I'd give almost anywhere a go......

To define a place by lifts and kms is a bit ........ well, I just don't get it...!! Puzzled
ski holidays
While there are always new places to go, I have done all the 'big name' places I really wanted to go to.

I have no interest in Eastern USA, Jackson Hole, Telluride, Taos.

I would not mind a trip to Argentina or New Zealand - but I would not go there for skiing .

Alpe d' H., Serre Chev. and Flims, Ischgl are on my to do list, but if I never get there it is not the end of the world.

I never had any desire to go to Verbier but did so for a course.

Chamonix looks fragmented, so I have not been there. The hotel Richmond always looked cheap and cheerful in the brochures though.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy