Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

KLM

Poster: A snowHead
13 of us have just booked flights to Geneva on KLM some have their own Bards some dont do we need to pay for the board there was not an option when we booked?

Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
call them
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dave_wick, you shouldn't - their sister company, Air France, don't charge.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Probably best we call and check.

Im really worried they lose the bloody things we have an hour and a half in Amsterdam Sad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We've never been charged with KLM, but I would call and check. Airlines are always changing things like this - we were caught out with Lufthansa last year who said they didn't charge when I booked on their website, and then changed their policy without informing us, so we got landed with many £ of 'pay at the airport' charges Evil or Very Mad .

So I would always check!

D
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yea will check, Flights are a fortune as it is 240return from Aberdeen Sad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Delia - crikey - really? I flew Lufthansa to Calgary in January and they didn't bat an eyelid - I hadn't even told them I was bringing skis.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Alexandra, different rules for longhaul compared to european flights.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dave_wick, you should be ok matey Very Happy
latest report
 brian
brian
I'm flying Lufthansa (for the 1st time) next March. As it happens I don't think I'll be taking skis but it looks like they do charge on all flights:

http://www.lufthansa.com/online/portal/lh/uk/info_and_services/baggage?l=en&nodeid=1769640#ancN65640

In general, their baggage policy is clear as mud ...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The main thing that annoyed me was that they changed their policy after I booked my flights, so I would argue that they should respect the terms of the original agreement, and even if they 'reserve the right' to do this, they should have informed me. There was lots of 'disgruntlement' at Manchester airport that morning but we all had no choice but to pay up. I think we paid around £30 each way for one ski bag (which admittedly had two pairs of skis in, but that was the charge for one set), so it was a lot more for skis than Ryanscair or Sleazyjet.

Ooops, that turned into a rant, sorry!

D
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
That's dissapointing to hear. I've travelled with KLM & Lufthansa in the past without being charged, but it was a couple of years ago.

On booking the flight I was given a separate number to call to book the skis in, which stops you from having to pay excess luggage per kilo on the ski bag.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I assume you mean board? Charges do apply unless they change it in the last year.

I stopped using KLM 1.5 yrs ago because of sudden introductions of obscene charges for skis. I was in dispute with them for a long time.

I only use Swiss now, cheaper,better,food,drink, free ski & boot carriage Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
From the KLM website.......bottom line seems to be a charge in Europe but free to the US and Canada so long as you have only 1 other bag

http://www.klm.com/travel/gb_en/travel_information/baggage/exceptional_baggage/index.htm#4

I seem to recall that the last time I took skis to the US you had to phone and tell them, but there was no hassle beyond making the call.

Personally I would worry more about them not making the connection that what it is going to cost you to take them
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
90 minutes should be fine for a KLM-KLM connection at Schiphol. However that 90 mins can reduce in a nail-biting fashion if your incoming flight, for example, is delayed landing due to fog (common in Winter). Then it might be a case of your baggage having no problem but you being stuck getting between the UK gate zone (D I think) and the "rest of Europe" gate zone in the long passport/security queues (I haven't figured out why that exists but it does seem to be the case). If that happens be aware that they have a "priority" queue for passengers who are running out of time - use it!

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Thu 6-09-07 22:59; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
I seem to remember it was €10 each way for Skis two years ago. If you do not pay up front in Switzerland you have to go to a special counter to pay (with your tickets) then go back to the checkin to get your bording pass.

I guess they got it all sorted now.. Good luck
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy