Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

More problems for VAL 2009 World Championships

Poster: A snowHead
Jean Paul Pierrat resigned his position as General Manager of the Organizing Committee for the Val d’Isere 2009 Alpine FIS Ski World Championships today naming 'internal quarrelling and total lack of progress in building the infrastructures' as the cause...
This follows only 2 months after Jean-Claude Killy stepped down from his role as Executive President of the Committee. He also cited a lack of progress in planned construction projects as his reason.

Pierrat, a former cross-country champion who won the famous Vasaloppet event in Sweden in the 1970s, decided to step down from his job this week after realizing he could not move forward to resolve some major infrastructure problems.

I fear this spells the end for Val and that the F.I.S. will relocate the championships to Austria Sad

Previously in SnowNews: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=659387#659387
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not good news Sad I was hoping to see some of the championship races, but that's unlikely if they move them to Austria. How can they get this so wrong? They've organised Olympic races as well as the annual World Cup events. Seems odd that they've screwed up so badly with this.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
great news, does that mean schladming, austria gets it? That was the rumour a couple of months back. Little Angel
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar, There are municipal elections next year and of the two main candidates, one is totally behind the project and the other is completely opposed. Internal squabbles have always been rife in Val but they really have cocked this one up totally. They asked for the championships so they should just get on with it and do it. If the F.I.S. do eventually decide to move this to Schladming it will mean the end of any major sporting events in France for a long time. T*ssers Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Politics! Pah!! It will be a major embarrassment all round if this falls through Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
waynos, That was for the 2013 event wasn't it?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
alex_heney, yes schladming is candidate for 2013 but there was a rumour that they may be asked to step in for 2009, but I think the organisers from schaldming we're not keen as the time scales too tight.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
LARGEZOOKEEPER wrote:
If the F.I.S. do eventually decide to move this to Schladming it will mean the end of any major sporting events in France for a long time.

I don't know, memories are short: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/sports_talk/1678572.stm
But it would be sad not to see the Face de Bellevarde used for a downhill once more.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Martin Bell wrote:
But it would be sad not to see the Face de Bellevarde used for a downhill once more.

That's what I'm most looking forward to, although the new Ladies course they are constructing opposite it on the Solaise also looks spectacular. Just hope the organisers can get their act together before it's too late.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I was in Val a couple of weeks ago and posters signs and world cup advertising were everywhere and very noticeable. There are events this coming season in Val for 2009 so if it is to be cancelled the announcement will need to be made fairly soon I would have thought. Confused
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boredsurfin, There are indeed a lot of posters etc in Val and there are two test downhills both for men and women previewed for this winter. The problem is not with Solaise or Bellevarde, the work here is nearly finished and races should be possible for the upcoming season, but with the main media centre in the valley between the two which has barely started construction. Today's Equipe newspaper has both an editorial and a full back page on the shambles. Pierrat has reluctantly agreed to stay until the end of the year and the french sports ministry is appointing a new director sometime this week but apparently Sarah Lewis (General Secretary of the F.I.S.) is well miffed.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The (lack of) progress on the major building work in Val can be seen in this webcam I think.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rob@rar, and I bet they told the purchasers of the new appartments they'll be ready for Chistmas wink Laughing

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Thu 6-09-07 9:47; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boredsurfin wrote:
rob@rar, and I bet they told the purchasers of the new appartments they'll be ready for Chistmas wink Laughing

But they didn't say which year that Christmas would fall...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rob@rar, Laughing Laughing Last year they were selling appartments in Plagne 1800 that they have only just started building this Summer
snow conditions
boredsurfin, our place was delayed, not by speed of building but by planning permission issues after MGM pulled a fast one and "accidentally" added an additional floor to the previous building in our development. It was a bit annoying at the time, partly compensated by a couple of free holidays, but now that we have the place the pain has been forgotten Smile
ski holidays
Quote:

and "accidentally" added an additional floor to the previous building in our development.

so easily done Laughing
latest report
boredsurfin wrote:
Quote:

and "accidentally" added an additional floor to the previous building in our development.

so easily done Laughing

Apparently not the first time they done it either (all hearsay, and completely unreliable info of course, in case MGM's lawyers happen to be reading this Smile).
snow report
the skiclub are now reporting the the vall 2009 story

http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/news/story.asp?intStoryID=4947

but can't help thinking the skiclub story is only based on the contents of this forum.
ski holidays
Jean-Claude Killy is rumoured to move to Russia to help the organizers of Sotchi 2014 Winter Games. He is scheduled to meet President Putin this month.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy