Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Warren Smith Courses October 2007

Poster: A snowHead
After attending a couple of these courses last year,it was good to take on some new techniques and drills,especially as castleford had left" the bumps" out for us to practice on.I was then able to take what I had learned on to the mountain over various trips over the season,buy the time I put the skis away for the summer I felt I had improved
greatly.So all in all I highly recommend them as a taster of the Warren Smith Skiing methodology.
I dont think I could sneak an extra Week in Verbier on to my ski trips next year,so I will go again on a couple of these 3hr courses at Castleford and HOPE they leave the bumps out again as it gave a lot more variety to the sessions.
Any snowHead there on the 1st/8th October??
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hedley, I was thinking about it. Which ones are you on?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I might do the 8/9th Oct sessions but it'll be a very last minute decision as I'll only just be back from holiday.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mosha Marc, I think I will do Mon 1st Oct and Mon 8th Oct as these are my days off.It would be good to get a few snowHead onboard again.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not relevant to Castleford, but I wouldn't recommend trying to keep up with Warren when he's freeskiing at anything close to his normal pace. I tried this for a few runs a couple of days ago, with minimal success, and my legs still don't work properly. Just off now for a heliskiing jaunt in the Harris Mountains with 50cm of new snow awaiting us Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
BGA, Lucky you where abouts are the Harris Mountains?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BGA wrote:
Not relevant to Castleford, but I wouldn't recommend trying to keep up with Warren when he's freeskiing at anything close to his normal pace. I tried this for a few runs a couple of days ago, with minimal success, and my legs still don't work properly. Just off now for a heliskiing jaunt in the Harris Mountains with 50cm of new snow awaiting us Very Happy

Barsteward wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skimottaret, South Island of New Zealand in the Southern Lakes region around Wanaka/Queenstown/Cardrona

Just got back. Superb days skiing, 45cm of fresh snow, 10 drops in helicopter which was for our exclusive use. Ten skiers, three guides, Warren to coach and Melody to take pictures. Will post appropriate stoke and further details in next day or so. Would post more but I need my rest..........................................because we are doing it again tomorrow Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
BGA, Going green
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
BGA, Doing it .. not talking about it Embarassed Mr. Green
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BGA...please say Hi to Warren & Melody from me and the family. They will know who we are if you say "Le Chable".

And have a great time!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
BGA, And I worry about my carbon footprint Toofy Grin Flying from the UK to NZ to do Heli Skiing..............Yo da man Laughing
Please do not make the situation worse by posting any stoke wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm doing Braehead on 13th October, 2nd year now, found last year really useful even though it was only 3 hours.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Another 10 drops today, 20000+ vertical feet skiied, majority of which was in fluffy cold powder. Video analysis and coaching from Mr S with action photies from Ms S. Even better, NZ$ through the floor so each drop works out about £35. Would love to post more but need further rest as we appear to be heliskiing Mt Cook tomorrow. Carbon footprint? What carbon footprint?

rungsp, will do

Frosty the Snowman, I fear stoke will be posted in the next couple of days. My apologies in advance
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
BGA, how's the gotama's?
ski holidays
BGA, All very well, but I bet you'll be missing out on the Braehead indoor sessions NehNeh snowHead
latest report
Sad Can't we have an "ignore" button?

Mr. Green
snow report
Yea but he IS missing out on summer today NehNeh
ski holidays
spyderjon, Gots skiing well, new bindings the business. Only skiied on them for three days in Treble Cone as I was rewarded for good skiing behaviour and allowed to use the Maestro's new Sumos for heliskiing. 190cm long, 130mm underfoot, perfect for the powder snow. Just got back from Mount Cook where we have just skiied 35 miles (managed to get my GPS charged) of pretty much perfect snow, virtually all of which was first tracks as we were the first group to fly in there for two weeks.

So that's 27 drops in the last three days, with more arranged for next week. Obviously I would still prefer to be at Castleford
snow conditions
BGA, photos? video? Just to complete our misery.

Smile
ski holidays
BGA...who of Warren's team is out there with you?
Rob, Tom, Phil, Jamie? Any of them?

Put me down in the Insanely Jelous category of posters on this thread!
snow report
rungsp, I was talking to Warren before he left & I think it's just Warren & Melody out there with about 8 guests.
snow conditions
spyderjon, well that's good - Warren's guys can share our jealousy! I spoke to Tom and Phil last season and I think they were still hoping that one of them might get to go on it, but I guess numbers didn't call for it.

BGA, I'll add my call for some incredibly depressing visuals.

My wife and I very briefly considered going on this trip, but we've 2 young kids and I was reluctant to impose on the grandparents for too long. I'm really, really, REALLY starting to regret not giving this some more thought. Glad it's going well - makes next year more likely I guess!
snow report
Depressing visuals will follow. Melody has taken a load of photos and Warren has done a load of videoing, I will nick some bits off them.

spyderjon is correct, there are eight of us, Warren and Melody. Works well as there are three groups, each with a guide and Warren and Melody swap round through the groups during the day for coaching/photographic purposes, and the helicopter just flies round as our personal ski lift. The terrain is so immense that you can't see anyone else or hear the helicopter once you've been dropped, and virtually every run gives you first tracks. I have sent Phil a couple of texts just to make him aware of this wink

alan empty, impose on the grandparents! Failling that sell the kids into slavery for a couple of weeks. Trust me, it would be worth it. In all seriousness, there are loads of things to do in and around Wanaka, so if anyone was thinking of coming and bringing a non-skiing partner or grandparents/kids it would work out far better here than it would in a European resort.

Will try and post some pics tomorrow. After a further seven drops Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Just booked for extended heli drops onto the Castleford bowls for next tuesday. rolling eyes Crying or Very sad

Anyone else going?
snow conditions
I tried to book for Saturday at Braehead but it is full. Hoepfully I'll go the following weekend not sure if Saturday or Sunday or both.
snow report
Mosha Marc, I should be at Cas on Tues 9th Oct. Hopefully see you then.
snow conditions
Top Banana
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy