Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Have I broken my Rossi FKS 155 bindings?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
During the course of last season I noticed that the small recess on the back of my bindings (where you stick your pole to pop out of them) was getting very worn. Right at the end of the season I noticed I'd worn a hole right through the recessed area and could see the spring inside the binding. I tried to slacken the spring for summer storage and although I could turn the screw the little mark which showed the DIN setting didn't move. Any ideas on what could have happened? The bindings are Rossignol FKS 155. I don't want to ski on them until I've had them checked - is this something that only a Rossignol technician would know about, or would a general ski service place be suitable?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rob@rar, Go somewhere that has a testing machine.... Bartlett's are pretty near you, (you could go on your way to Aldershot wink ) they'd certainly be able to help.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ski, the skis are in France, unfortunately.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar, The linkage between the release setting scale and the rest of the binding isn't complicated. Take it apart and have a look.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rjs wrote:
rob@rar, The linkage between the release setting scale and the rest of the binding isn't complicated. Take it apart and have a look.

I don't have a terribly good track record of being able to reconstruct stuff I've taken apart Embarassed Maybe a trip to a ski shop is in order before I trust my knees with this binding.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar, It is worth finding out how to dismantle the heel unit as the springs can break.

I don't know anywhere in BSM that does race kit. I would go to somewhere in Tignes like Clarey Sport - their son (French A team) is on Rossignol kit. I have also bought race Rossignol bindings from Favre Sport in Val Claret and the Intersport on the corner of the Palafour building in Le Lac.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rjs, thanks for those suggestions.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy