Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When is 07/08 destined to hit the shelves...

Poster: A snowHead
I'm sure it must be getting to that time of year when the new stuff comes in but if there are any shop owners on snowHeads, can you please let us know so we can start raiding those piggy banks and do some serious searching for coppers down the back of the sofa!! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Personally I prefer to wait until the end of season sales so my buying spree has just ended and the next will start around April 2008 Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lockwoods in Leamington are starting to get the new ranges of boots in. It was busy when we went a couple of weeks ago.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Specialman, Complete range of VIST bindings & plates now in. All tuning gear now in. Icelantic & High Society skis due end Sept/early Oct.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers guys, Just looking to see what new boots are coming around. Seems the US shops have it in already, although most is Burton.

Actually looking for Nitro and Atomic stuff - know any UK stockists?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Specialman, for some reason the US seems to always get next seasons product way earlier than us, which is strange considering most of it's from Europe.

Nearest Atomic stockist to you is White Mountain Ski in Walsall & Wolverhampton. Ski Barlett & Glide'n'Slide also both stock pretty much the full range of Atomic gear although the 07/08 stock won't hit the shops till about end October.

However I do have a pair of the new & superb 07/08 Atomic Nomad Crimson's in 176cm c/w Neox 412's available plus a pair of older model 166cm SX:B5's & 173cm Sugar Daddy's available at very attractive prices if you're interested.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://www.ski-depot.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=2008ski
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spyderjon, Atomic stock is being delivered now....if the shop asked for it, most cases they don't order it for delivery til october because they hare too short sighted to see the season start any earlier [ oh yes and if it arrived earlier they have to pay for it sooner]...causes me problems as i would like to be sorting clients out in august Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Snowtrax seem to have some now. Good early seasons deals on the new Atomic Nomads. Got mine last season in N america Twisted Evil
http://www.snowtrax.eu/snow-sports-store-output.asp?idCategory=14&idMfr=1
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
spyderjon,DB, CEM, Cobra.., cheers for the info.

Twin planks don't work for me - I'm a boarder Very Happy

Someday will have to give this skiing lark a proper go though....
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Plenty of snowboard kit has 'dropped' as they say. Bataleon is on its second delivery in TSA, Burton is in, Atomic goes in from this week, K2 and Ride should be in by now. Don't know about Nitro, mind.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I cant understand anyone paying the prices charged for 'this seasons stuff' - Must be my age.

I just got this jacket AND pant from EllisBrighams

For £135
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Renry, man, thats SO last season... Shocked Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
george_1 wrote:
Renry, man, thats SO last season... Shocked Toofy Grin

Madeye-Smiley You should see the old Columbia stuff I have worn the last two trips rolling eyes
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Renry wrote:
I cant understand anyone paying the prices charged for 'this seasons stuff' - Must be my age.

I just got this jacket AND pant from EllisBrighams

For £135

Totally agree with you there - must be my age too! Laughing

I can see why folks might be keen to get boots sorted out at this time of year though - most important item of equipment in many ways and if you buy when the new kit comes in you tend to have have a bigger and better choice.

Apart from that though I've never bought any major item of equipment at the start of the season, have always waited for the discounts.
snow report
Renry, that is a sweet set-up. Very Happy

roga, I'm thinking that when the 07/08 stuff goes in, then the shops will be gagging to get rid of last season's discontinued stuff - chance of a haggle me thinks!! Toofy Grin
snow report
Specialman wrote:
roga, I'm thinking that when the 07/08 stuff goes in, then the shops will be gagging to get rid of last season's discontinued stuff - chance of a haggle me thinks!! Toofy Grin

That's admirably cunning that is - I'm very impressed, nice one Laughing
snow conditions
Specialman, I'm not a tight Yorkshireman for nowt! Even if I am surrounded by a load of brummies and cov scuim down here in Rugby, I can still play the stingy git any time!! Smile
snow conditions
Specialman wrote:

Sale of snowsport stuff tends to be at the end of the winter when shops start to stock their summer clothing - S&R and EB seem to have sales around May time IIRC? There will be some winter stuff left on sale at the moment, but not a large amount if my local S&R store is typical.
latest report
Birmingham and Manchester shows... A very good place to find bargains, according to the chats we've had with the organisers and shops. Most shop stands will be there to clear out old stock, of which there is a fair bit washing around since last season wasn't a sell-out.
In general, none of the decent stores will want to devalue their current stock by having lots of bargains floating around, so they have channels for clearing it out. The shows are probably best to see the widest range of stuff in one place.
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
Sale of snowsport stuff tends to be at the end of the winter when shops start to stock their summer clothing - S&R and EB seem to have sales around May time IIRC?

I think they start in April, which always seems surprisingly early to me.
Quote:
There will be some winter stuff left on sale at the moment, but not a large amount if my local S&R store is typical.

My local EB cleared out their winter stock very quickly, I recall popping in there in late May (maybe June) and there was nothing in store at all apart from a few snowboards (don't know why they were left and the rest was gone). They had gone over completely to walking, climbing and camping gear. The store is quite small though so I guess they wouldn't have much room if they'd kept the winter stuff in there, they also told me they tended to pack whatever they have left off to certain stores, mainly ones like Tamworth which are attached to slopes.

Our local S&R though still has a reasonably substantial stock of winter sports clothing left in store, all at sale prices, most of the hardware is now gone though. The S&R is a large out of town store though and has plenty of room for winter as well as summer kit.

I think what happens is that they eventually clear it all out before the new season stuff arrives (which obviously isn't that long now) and if not sold by them at ski shows or online it gets sent on at some point to other outlets and the remainder eventually appears at rock bottom prices in TK Maxx... at least I presume that's where TKM get their cheap gear from...
latest report
roga, I discoverd TXMaxx about 18 months ago and think its brilliant, I have had loads of bargains there. I need to get my daughter a jacket this coming year to go with the new salopettes she had last spring, but apart from that we are kitted out here this year - unless I can think of something to spend my cash on - otherwise I'll stick with what we have and save up for my special treat holiday next year.
latest report
^ Yup, same here - they're really useful for cheap kids gear and I'll be off there for more as soon they get their stock in Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy