Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another question re Alpe D'Huez

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Where is the best area of the resort to be based?
I've been told that the Bergers area is basically the beginners area and you have to ski to the other side of the resort to get to decent skiing for intermediates.
It doesn't look like that on the piste map but can one of the many set me straight?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Michael B, Bergers is near the beginners area but also the Marmottes gondola and the "scare chair" to Auris. So it has pretty good access to lots of things - as good as anywhere really. Being up near the DMC (marked as 1ere Troncon on the map) would be similarly good for convenience.
Basically, the beginners area is all the stuff right by the town so you're never too far from it
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Arno, I was told that the DMC was the central point for the vast amount of the resort. Is this so?

Whilst I'm at it does anyone know why the resort's agencies or tourist board are not replying to emails? I've sent a few and I'm trying to actually book something and it seems they dont want my money.

I sent one email the LDA and they keep sending me brochures and emals. I may go there if ADH dont reply soon.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Michael B, it is A central point; I am trying to decide which is better out of it and the Marmottes lift and struggling to decide. It isn't that big a deal really. If you want to go from DMC to Marmottes, it's a 2 minute cruise down a beginner slope and a bit of poling; going the other way it's a couple of minutes on a very flat easy button lift and a bit of poling. There are ways to do it with chair lifts and more interesting skiing but they take a teensy bit longer
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Michael B, One reason you may not be getting replies is that it is a ghost town there ATM! I was over in L2A for a week until yesterday and I went to Alpe d'Huez on Monday; apart from some cyclists and some builders there was no-one around at all.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Michael B, Bergers if fine for accessing most of the skiing, the Marmottes 1/2/3 bubbles will get you where you want to go and as Arno, points out the "Scare Chair" to Auris is right there if Auris gets any snow this winter! The DMC will get you higher in 2 sections but is often congested and seems to be breaking down rather frequently of late. Bergers is a little walk to the 'centre' of ADH but has a small shopping mall and a few decent restaurants and bars so unless you want to be in the thick of the night life its fine. I've found ADH's Tourist Info hopeless at responding to any form of communication although you're probably in the midst of their holiday right now!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lo and behold I've got not one but two answers to emails I sent yesterday.

So has anyone stayed at the Christiana apartments in Les Bergers? This is looking favourite at the moment. 568Eur for 8 nights. Seems pretty good to me specially as I get the extra day skiing. Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Michael B, Stayed there a few years back. Small apartments, typical French ski accomodation. Remember the reception being absolutely rammed with people & luggage on changover day (again typical!) and the ski/boot room practically useless (ditto). Good location, plenty of free open air parking & covered parking next door (no idea of rate), easily walkable to the lifts, shops & ski school meeting points with what was a decent restaurant then right out front. You even get a view over the scare chair if you get an apartment at the back (which would be best for afternoon sun if you wanted to go back early for a beer!). Think the P&V apartments next door were rather better equipped and had a pool if that matters to you.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy