Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Copper Mountain -Summit County..local transport

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of going to Copper Mountain this January for 10 days,but also want to ski the other Summit County resorts & maybe Vail too.
Has anyone had any experience of using the local buses to get around ?
Don't really want to hire a car for 10 days.
Also anyone stayed at Copper?
Any good for apres ski ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Local transport isnt too bad from Copper to other resorts, but I think the bus to Vail isnt as good as it used to be. when we were there before transport was pretty good but iirc you have to go via Frisco to all but Vail/Beaver Creek Puzzled

Someone who has been more recently may be along shortly Little Angel
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hire a car if you want to go to Vail. Last I recall, shuttle WITHIN commit county is free and frequent, but not to Vail.

When you factor in the cost of shuttle from Denver to Copper and back. Then add in the cost of transport from Copper to Vail. You're already pretty close to breaking even. You would have the freedom of coming and going at your own time instead of the shuttle timetable.

Staying within Summit, you should be ok without a hired car.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
No direct experience with Copper. I'd suggest posting your question on www.epicski.com and folks who are locals will likely respond. Last year we were looking at Breckenridge and I contacted them to ask about transportation to Vail/Beaver Creek. Breck is a Vail resort. They said that in the past there was a van that ran once or twice a week. If you want to hit Vail I think you'll need a car.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
When we were in Winter Park last year there was no local transport anywhere. Our passes covered Copper but we couldn't get there without hiring a car.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks everyone for the advice.
Much appreciated.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
This website has the routes. The schedules may change for the winter.
http://www.summitstage.com
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Martin Bell
Thanks for the website link.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I stayed in a town called Frisco which is way cheaper than the summit county resorts and stagecoach gets you tto Copper and back with a frequent & free service.You can leave your skis (free) and boots ( $2 locker) safely at the middle 'Village' ski store.
Fly BA from London direct to Denver and use the Coppermountain express shuttle service(prebook it) to Frisco.Check out the link.You can organise your own holiday as i did in March.

http://www.coppercolorado.com/gettinghere/groundtravel/index.htm
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy