Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bergamo airport to Madonna di Campiglio

Poster: A snowHead
HI there snowHead , am contemplating a long weekend trip to Madonna in Feb - wondering what the journey from Bergamo to there is like - i see from Mappy.com that there are no motorway sections - therefore are we talking small windy roads or decent national roads? also, would snowchains be a must??

anyone done the journey??

thks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
doogo, I've driven from Milan to Passo Tonale, which is not quite as far as Madonna, but the road was a good fast A type road.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
doogo - we've been via Bergamo twice. My top advice would be to borrow a European satnav - the road signs from / to the airport are terrible - and they're not much better on the motorway.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We went to Folgarida which is lift linke to Madonna di Campiglio. Nice fast A-roads all the way to the town at the foot of the valley
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Getting to the moutains is easy and fast, but the road up is steep and full of S bends I have dones this in a blizzard and needed chains
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks for the advice folks - informative as always

ssnowman, what did you make of Passo Tonale then?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
doogo, It all depends on what you're looking for. I went there as it was my 12 year old son's first snowboarding trip & it suited us perfectly.

Another recommendation for a w/e trip in Italy is Gressoney La Trinite, empty slopes, great I talian ambience, but no nightlife.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Been to Passo and Madonna, more happening at Madonna but it is a bit fur lined prada Ski suits for my taste. Passo Is alright for easy reds and blues but not as nice to look at or a busy as Madonna, but fine for a long weekend
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I think it is near perfect for a long weekend, it is a longish drive but definitely worth it. True the off=piste fur linings are off putting but the mountain is truly beautiful. I would recommend the hotel Milano if your budgets allows, not overly expensive but fantastic food.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thanks northantsred, will take a looksee at hotel milano
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Went to Passo Tonale from Bergamo this year. It's half motorway, down the Alto Adige and half narrower roads from around Trento up into the mountains. The trip up was easy but on the way back, in the morning, the traffic was very heavy getting back onto the motorway. Fine once on it though. The trouble with Bergamo was that it's a tiny airport and we flew on an Austrian Arrows Dash 8 turbo prop with a 12 kilo luggage allowance!

The best part of Passo Tonale was skiing in Madonna and Folgarida/Marileva. Though the runs down at Ponte Di Legno were nice and also uncrowded.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ull,

Agree Ponte Di Legno is a lovely wee area.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
nbt, bump! .. just in prep mode - do you remember if the road was the SS42/SS239 ?? thanks for your help - from your recent entries, i think you might still be in courmayeur, am very jealous - love that little place - stopped off there for a day when was in La Thuile a couple of years back
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Skied in Madonna a few years ago and going to Andalo in March. Liked Madonna and will probably take a day there while in Andalo. Anyone recommend bars in Andalo.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
doogo, no idea, I was on a tour op bus Smile

I am indeed in courmayeur, it's ace Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
latest report
I've stayed at the Hotel Milano - food was OK, but personally I'd recommend the Hotel Diana if you're a foody.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy