Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d'huez

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
3 families,all intermediates- what will alpe d'huez be like-any1 been in feb 1/2 term?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Busy. You need to get away from the middle of resort and head for Auris or Vaujany. There is a skiable window of between 11:00 and 14:00 - before that the slopes are full of lesson groups, and afterwards they're just full.

I have no idea why I just told you this - I rely on all the punters being at lunch between 11:00 and 14:00 in order to get any skiing in. Mad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
as Lizzard says, the big bowl above the resort will be a bit of a ****show. if you head for the edges of the ski area (where the best skiing is anyway) it will probably be fine. i doubt it will feel as busy as some of the bigger names in France
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Arno, & Lizzard, What about Easter week (22 - 29 March), hopefully not as busy? Already booked though so will have to put up with it if it is.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well, I had that week earmarked as one to avoid generally (not just with respect to ADH)...

Same advice applies, really. Get away from the bowl surrounding the resort and you should be fine. Even just going up Signal then dropping down to Villard Reculas can take you from serious overcrowding to almost deserted pistes
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Arno, Thanks. I had little choice on when to take my daughter this year. She can't make half term so with Easter being early I've gone for 2 weeks over Easter (LDA the following week).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Was there a couple of years ago at halfterm (staying in Oz). Wasn't too bad except first thing in the morning (better if you could get in the lift queue before the ski schools got going) and last thing when the runs back to Oz were busy. Didn't ski the main bowl above Alpe D'huez itself very much though.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was here april 07, it got busier as the week went on plus snow went lesoup ! Lizzard has the best idea, head for the outer slopes, oz en oisans

is always nice 1st thing in the morning, some nice off piste as well,
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Must go back there...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy