Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

At last, I've found a Skiing Forum

Poster: A snowHead
Since I came back from Obertaurn last February to find the Ski Club forum had gone i've looked everywhere for a decent site with no luck at all, until tonight, the Mrs is out so I gave Google a try, and you appeared.

It looks like my productivity at work is about to start slipping.

Not a great 1st post, I know, but hey, i'm excited. Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
up4it, welcome to snowHeads snowHead . There's a good number of ex-SCGB refugees around here.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome up4it. Loads of good chat and useful info here.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Welcome to Snowheads snowHead - tell all your friends!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
up4it,
Quote:

until tonight, the Mrs is out

You mean she hasn't been out since last February Shocked
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
maggi, I haven't been out since April. I couldn't see the point.
No snow, No go.
But it's snowing in Scotland on Tuesday.....
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
maggi, Laughing
Quote:

Not a great 1st post, I know, but hey, i'm excited
I can't say how excited everyone else is about it but I'm personally chuffed to bits.

If you knew how long I'd spent trying get this place 'search engine friendly' enough that people like u could find us, u would cry for me Crying or Very sad

I'm glad it proved worthwhile Very Happy
Welcome to snowHeads!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jonpim, If you haven't been "out" since April, where did you disappear to over the summer. Were you inside Shocked ?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
up4it,

I say Welcome too.

Made loads of friends here. I am sure you will enjoy it as much as I do.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Welcome to Snowheads up4it, glad you've found us Little Angel
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
up4it, welcome and it's more than a great forum. Since you're new can I point you to .....
The search engine in User facilities works well and Resorts in snowBase is a super facility. Clicking on a resort name will find all previous postings about it. And there are links to the official websites.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
up4it,
Whereabouts were you in Obertauern? I went there in April and the snow was great - I can't believe it's such an under-rated place, 60 minutes (ish) from Salzburg, snow-sure and good skiing convenience....
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
up4it, snowHead welcome! snowHead .... you aren't the lost-sounding person over on RSRE I emailed with the snowHeads details, by any chance?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Googling - - - enter 'discussion forums snowsports' and a link to snowHeads is 3rd in the list. Not bad.
Try 'skiing discussion forums' however and we are nowhere. Or rather I gave up after the third page. Mind you even the mighty Epic didn't make it to Page 1.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kuwait_ian wrote:
Googling - - - enter 'discussion forums snowsports' and a link to snowHeads is 3rd in the list. Not bad.
Try 'skiing discussion forums' however and we are nowhere. Or rather I gave up after the third page. Mind you even the mighty Epic didn't make it to Page 1.

But just enter the simple 'ski forum' and we are 6th on the first page (on UK google) - well done U cos we never used to make an appearance just with those words!

Oh, and welcome to snowHeads up4it snowHead
ski holidays
ski discussion = 4th
ski forum = 8th
ski discussion forum = 2nd
skiing discussion forum = 20th
ski club discussion = 3rd
ski club of great britain discussion = 1st and 2nd Wink
snow report
Cathy Coins, of course - keep it simple and it works better. Doh. Comes up 5th on wherever my Google comes from ...... snowHead

Wasn't there an earlier post from up4it answering Hywel which has now gone. Guess he has discovered the delete button.
snow conditions
kuwait_ian,I don't know where it went.
latest report
Great - can anyone recommend a weeks ski course for a fit middle-aged+ intermediate+ skiier to get to a decent all-round standard before it's too late, please !? Puzzled
snow report
Welcome to snowHeads, JeremyDL snowHead

Can't help you on your question tho'....
snow conditions
Hi Ian. I'll keep looking. Thanks for the reply. J Toofy Grin
latest report
JeremyDL,

Welcome

Practice makes perfect so one week per month in every resort should do it.
latest report
JeremyDL wrote:
Great - can anyone recommend a weeks ski course for a fit middle-aged+ intermediate+ skiier to get to a decent all-round standard before it's too late, please !? Puzzled

Well, from my own experience, SCGB instructional holidays are very good. In a similar situation to you, I also used the McGarry School which was great - but the site looks a little old, now. Maybe worth giving them a call.
snow report
Welcome up4it. You will find this site as instructional as the SCGB of old. Wishing you many hours pleasurable browsing. Very Happy
snow conditions
admin wrote:
ski club of great britain discussion = 1st and 2nd Wink

It appears not only do we rank higher than SCGB on this search Shocked but I couldn't even find them - I stopped at page 6....
latest report
[quote="admin"]maggi, Laughing
Quote:
....If you knew how long I'd spent trying get this place 'search engine friendly' enough that people like u could find us, u would cry for me Crying or Very sad...

It's quite an art. You've done a pretty good job, IMO. Googling around, I've stumbled on snowheads threads several times when looking for stuff on specific topics.
ski holidays
JeremyDL, welcome to snowHead you may also wish to consider Ali Ross Skiing Clinics

up4it, a big welcome and an even bigger apology. I noticed that you had posted your reply to Hywel twice so I "helpfully" deleted one of them for you. However, it appears that they have both gone Puzzled Confused - but I didn't delete the second one honest guv Embarassed Embarassed
ski holidays
Cathy wrote:
It appears not only do we rank higher than SCGB on this search but I couldn't even find them
It's funny that isn't it? As soon as discussion comes into it, the SCGB's nowhere to be seen Wink

Sorry,up4it, I deleted the other post. I, like Alan, was just being helpfull in deleting the double. Oops Embarassed
Nick wrote:
Googling around, I've stumbled on snowheads threads several times
That's good to know Very Happy

JeremyDL, the EpicSki Academy is well reknowned though it is just the one week, so no choice about when u do it. Checkout the snowShops for details.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thanks for your suggestions on courses, and for the warm welcome to the site. I have read a good report on the Ali Ross one, albeit several years ago, but not for the others. Smile
latest report
JeremyDL, a couple more ski courses you could consider: http://www.improveyourskiing.com/index.html or http://www.inspiredtoski.com/index/index.asp

Regards

Rob
latest report
thanks Rob
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy