Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Long weekend in mid-December (fly to Turin or St Etienne)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm trying to get one /two/ more persons to join me for a long weekend to warm up in December.

Flight details:

Ryanair to St Etienne: Out Thu 16 Dec 14.40, rtn Sun 19 Dec 17.40, total flight cost incl taxes £35. 2.5 days on slope.

Ryanair to Turin: Out Thu 16 Dec 06:30 am, rtn Sun 19 Dec 22.05, total flight cost incl taxes £55. 3.5 days on slope. (resorts within 70 miles: Cervinia/Zermatt, Pila, Serre Chevalier)

I'm sure that there will be snow somewhere in the area - hotel booking can be left till late.

FYI, last year a friend (biggles76 on this forum) and I flew around mid-december to Turin and skied good snow in Cervinia and Pila for 3.5 days. Car rental was more expensive than flights, however divided by 3 or 4 it goes down rapidly, or there's a bus service from Turin to Valle d'Aosta and to Cervinia.

Oh yes, and that was arranged on the old SCGB forum. Biggles, you there and up for a trip again?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As you know Cedric, i'm up for this...we've already booked the flights so there's no going back now.

Can't believe no-one else is interested though...last year was a blast and just what you need to get the season going!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Did even earlier last year to Sauze. Great conditions. May do this year but will be very last minute, due to moving house
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd love to, but simply can't get the time off work.

School Holidays only for me I'm afraid!

One day.....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So will it be Turin or St Etienne (out of curiosity)?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We ended up flying to Lyon with Easyjet.

Still to choose a resort, though.

Only about 6 weeks left...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
........a couple of us will be in La Rosiere that weekend Wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cedric & Biggles: Do you know Megeve? Very near to Lyon --if there is snow on the cote 2000 it is a great weekend's skiing, and Chamonix is also a short drive or busride. I may like to join, if you'd have me?! Little Angel
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Julieanne,

Good timing! There were three of us and one has just dropped out today - so you may get a slightly cheaper easyjet ticket! (they were £60 when we booked, they appear to be £73 now). I'm assuming you can change the reservation name for Easyjet as you can for Ryanair - of course the person who drops out will pay any applicable fee. Actually, if you want to join I think it would only be fair to get you a further discount on the £60...

We'll consider any good resort. We're probably meeting on Thursday evening in Covent Garden to discuss where to go - feel free to join us if you would like to.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Am very tempted to join! However, I can't meet with you this Thursday evening--any other time?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Be careful with name changes with EasyJet... we tried this 14 months or so ago on a trip to Belfast. Friends had to drop out and others wanted to take their place. The name change came to X amount (can't remember exactly) and then you had to pay the difference between the original price paid and the price on that day. The total amount came to 4x what we originally paid. The plane was also full - so even though we knew two seats were spare, they couldn't pay that days price... rolling eyes

Edit - their website says:
Quote:
You can make changes to your bookings online, 24 hours a day. This allows you to change passenger names and alter itinerary details - and take advantage of a discount on the usual change fees (£10 online per passenger per flight; £15 through our call centre).
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Julieanne, I'll send you a private message.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy