Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

These Package Deals (Inghams ETC)`

Poster: A snowHead
What exactly to they include for example it says you can go to Tignes from Gatwick for 450ish?

What do you get for that? Flight, Apartement and Transfer?

I just tried to call but their office is closed.

Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Flight, transfer, whatever accommodation you have booked (hotel/chalet/apartment, self catering/half board/B&B). It doesn't include lift pass, equipment hire, lessons.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thabks for that, its really not too clear on their Website wasnt really sure if the transfer was included.

Cheers.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
dave_wick, Neilsens charge extra for transfer- a terrible racket. However, most packages include transfer.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've booked a package to Zermatt with Inghams for January. Included hotel B&B, flight & transfer. Only £15 extra to take skis too. With early web booking discount I couln't match the price DIY.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
dave_wick, check terms and conditions though...

I know that some TOs quote a certain price in the catalouge, and then specify in the T&Cs that in certain weeks (school holiday weeks usually) there is an extra price to be paid on top to fly from certain airports...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you go on Inghams website you can price everything up for you. Most of the TO sites do the same.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dave_wick, access to a €6 beer Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dave_wick,

The last package we went on included the joy of a 5.5 hour transfer (3 buses and a 1 hour wait in the cold at Moutier with children!!) from Geneva to Courchevel. NEVER AGAIN...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Colin B, Depends which airline they are using. We are flying BA to Milan with Inghams and it is £40 for ski carriage which I thought was a bit steep.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ickabodblue wrote:
Colin B, Depends which airline they are using. We are flying BA to Milan with Inghams and it is £40 for ski carriage which I thought was a bit steep.

£40 for ski carriage on an airline that doesn't charge for ski carriage Shocked Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It is possible to find some decent bargains with tour op packages and there's a certain appeal in having one party to turn to regarding whatever aspect of your holiday neads attention.

But there are many standards of tour op out there and unfortunately that tends to mean that there's not a simple answer to how any particular, quoted price relates to what you get.

Some will quote a price that gets you from your departure airport to your destination, feed you, take care of you and deliver you home again without stress.
Others quote a price then charge extra for using any airport that they have flights available from, add 'security' surcharge & fuel surchage, charge extra for transfers, having a balcony, a view or an ensuite bathroom. Then the only time you see a rep is when they're trying to sell you something.

I don't know where Inghams in particular sit on this spectrum so I suppose this is more a response to the 'etc.' bit of the question.

Maybe we should have a prize for the person who spots the biggest difference between a quoted price and the real price of a ski package this coming season.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
See i/we have a problem! lol

Yesterday we had 3 people coming on this trip at new year now we have 13! lol Its really going to be a nightmare to sort everyone out, one things for sure, it aint going on my card!!!

Trip to the local Travel agents me thinks.

And yes i probably will be having a good few 6 euro beers as the prefered choice among the group is Tignes! Which is not a bad thing i suppose as i love the mountain so that will make up for the over inflated prices!

What will the snow be like there over new year?

Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dave_wick wrote:

What will the snow be like there over new year?

Assuming there is any, it will be white, and cold rolling eyes

And at that time of year, it will be mostly hidden by the hordes of people attempting to ski on it.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
admin wrote:
It is possible to find some decent bargains with tour op packages and there's a certain appeal in having one party to turn to regarding whatever aspect of your holiday neads attention.

But there are many standards of tour op out there and unfortunately that tends to mean that there's not a simple answer to how any particular, quoted price relates to what you get.

Some will quote a price that gets you from your departure airport to your destination, feed you, take care of you and deliver you home again without stress.
Others quote a price then charge extra for using any airport that they have flights available from, add 'security' surcharge & fuel surchage, charge extra for transfers, having a balcony, a view or an ensuite bathroom. Then the only time you see a rep is when they're trying to sell you something.

I don't know where Inghams in particular sit on this spectrum so I suppose this is more a response to the 'etc.' bit of the question.

Maybe we should have a prize for the person who spots the biggest difference between a quoted price and the real price of a ski package this coming season.

I was very happy with our Inghams chalet holiday to St anton Excellent chalet host. Flights from Cardiff to Innsbruck. Short transfer no waiting; chalet as described; very good chalet host; food good. It wasn't a 5* package but we knew that when we booked. resort reps were helpful not too pushy on sales. That said trying to price up our holiday this year where self catering holidays are about £450 and I'mm going to try once again to persaude the others DIY is the way forward for self catering holiday as I don't want to pay to stay in rabbit hutch or under occupancy supplements because 2 people don't sleep in the living room etc.
latest report
i have been with inghams as well the last couple of years and not had any problems at all!

Dan where are you from?
ski holidays
Been with Inghams once (Whistler) and they were pretty good - fab chalet. Very Happy
snow report
If there's 13 of you, get the flights booked, and get shopping around on ChaletsDirect for accommodation, lots of them will include or arrange transfers.
snow report
Enjoyed going with Crystal first time round, albeit on a bargain basement last-minute £150 holiday. Great for taking away the stress when you know nothing about what to expect.

Love DIY holidays though. Plan whatever you want to do, sort out whatever you want, go shopping on the way... and take the flak yourself when it goes wrong!! Very Happy

Horses for courses and all that.....
latest report
I have never been charged for a transfer by either Inghams or Neilsen. (In my view the best of the TOs). The Neilsen's brochure makes it clear that transfers are included.

snowHead
snow report
Chris Bish, Neilsen charged me for transfers on a late booking to Saalbach/Hinterglemm a couple of years ago.

The paperwork supplied indicated that they did this on the basis that some people prefer to make their own way from the airport to the resort and vice versa.

A cynic may say it was a way of keeping the headline price down.
snow conditions
For background see this old post :-

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=6201&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
snow conditions
Latchigo, Your post is inaccurate. I read the old thread. It seems to me as if it is possible your extra charges for transfer were levied by the internet travel agent.

I have always found Neilsens to give an excellent service in all circumstances. They do not charge for transfers.

snowHead
snow report
I do recall one of the operators introducing charges for transfers, but only for those last minute deals, not as standard. I know that this has happened with some summer destinations too.
ski holidays
I do recall one of the operators introducing charges for transfers, but only for those last minute deals, not as standard. I know that this has happened with some summer destinations too.
latest report
When I looked at last minute deals a couple of seasons back it seemed to be the norm that transfers were not included for 'late' bookings but were for normal ones.
snow report
Chris Bish, I know what I paid- whatever 'it seems' to you.

I do not make stuff up about Neilsens for the fun of it.
snow conditions
We have booked for new year with Inghams to Tignes as well. We couldnt get cheaper doing it DIY from Belfast. Went a few years ago with them and they were fine - delivered what they said they would. Also doing DIY to Morzine at half term but much cheaper than tour operator. So it just depends on time and place I think. Transfers were always included.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Latchigo, You said
Quote:

Neilsens charge extra for transfer- a terrible racket

This is not true.

There is no "seeming" about what you said.
I am told that for last-minute deals they do some "unpackaging" as the client might want, but this is in no way a "terrible racket".

Neilsens is a company for which I have great respect and your inaccurate statements do them a disservice.

snowHead
snow report
Most UK Winter tour operators are generally fine.
ski holidays
Or speak to Ski Independence and they'll arrange a DIY holiday for you Wink
Went with Inghams, and Ski-I, both very good and organised (Ski-I certainly more tailor made for me thats for sure)
ski holidays
Chris Bish If Neilsens is the same Tour Operator as Neilson, then I avoid using them after a very bad experience with their handling of a portion of my booking one winter, which resulted in them giving me compensation. Of course each person's experience has equal relevance.
snow conditions
Chris Bish, It is a terrible racket ..........

..............whether they do it directly themselves - or chose to hide behind an agent.

Nobody on here gives a flying fek about 'unpackaging' as you call it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

END OF Evil or Very Mad
latest report
Latchigo, This part of the board is meant to be a source of accurate information. Maybe you would like to correct your post.

snowHead
snow conditions
Chris Bish, There is nothing to correct in my post, clever dick.

Do you work for Neilson ?
latest report
Latchigo, why are you insulting Chris Bish, ?

Is it cos 'e is black?
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, What he is black AND a liar ?
ski holidays
Latchigo, yep, and he is claiming benefits whilst his asylum application is processed
latest report
He is worse than I thought then.
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, you are confusing me with my cousin of the same name. I am white.

I do not work for Neilsens. I am, as many know, a teacher.

I have a considerable regard for Neilsens following events a few years ago when they gave me assistance above and beyond what could have been expected of any company, certainly not the bunch of cheats and fraudsters some people seem to think them to be.

As an English teacher I am always careful to be as accurate as possible in my factual staements. Of course ignorant prejudice is not subject to any rules.

snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy