Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler, teaching?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi!

Currently weighing my options... I expect the coming winter to be my last chance to spend a season teaching, and i don't expect to continue my current job after the winter due to various reasons.

I have teached last season in Wengen, and I should be able to return to the Wengen Skischool without problems.

However, since Whistler-Blackcomb has an appeal to me, without having been there, I'd like to hear from people who might know about posibilities of working there as a skiinstructor.

My Skiing CV is pretty much a couple of years of skiing, and the nearly complete season instructing for the Swiss Ski School Wengen (Mainly Club Meds kiddos, and a couple of adult private lessons, which in my opinion were quite a succes for the clients). In addition to this I have been doing various sports all my life and many years of rowing instruction for the local club.

Languages: Dutch, English Fluently. And with a bit of luck Some minor german if I manage to continue the course just to the right of me.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ronald,

As usual, the sticky bit is the Work Permit / Visa.

There are two routes:

1. You have your own work visa for Canada (BUNAC or Working Holiday or Under 36)

2. You need a Employer Sponsored Visa and you meet the following criteria.
A. minimum 2 full time seasons teaching experience AND
B. Be certified to teach up to an intermediate level including an introduction to bumps and varied terrain.
A second language (in particular demand: Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Cantonese, Spanish or Portuguese) would gain you extra points.

However, for the 2007/08 season, the application deadline was July 15th…

But if you fee that you meet the criteria above and still want to be considered, drop me a PM, with your qualifications, experience and we'll take it from there.

On the plus side the benefits are tremendous:

FREE, new DNA uniform supplied for the season
Dual mountain season pass to the best skiing in the world!
Subsidized housing available
The longest skiing and teaching season in North America
Variety of teaching opportunities
Plus much more
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
veeeight, Send you PM, but doubt I meet the requirements.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ronald, Good luck with your choices.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
veeeight wrote:
Dual mountain season pass to the best skiing in the world!

There's a mountain in Whistler called Dual Mountain? I've not skied on that one before. wink

(sorry, it had to be said!)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Snowy, you'd better believe it. We (locals) get stopped all the time in the village by ski/snowboard carrying tourists asking for directions to Dual Mountain.......

Sad, but true.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
veeeight wrote:
Snowy, you'd better believe it. We (locals) get stopped all the time in the village by ski/snowboard carrying tourists asking for directions to Dual Mountain.......

Sad, but true.

It could be worse - I got asked last year in the centre of Morzine where the ski slopes were. At the time I was stood at the bottom on Pleney and they were doing a slalom race down the slope about 100m behind me...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was once asked the time coming out of Westminster tube station, just as Big Ben was chiming Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy