Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Interski videos

Poster: A snowHead
A reference on another thread to Interski prompted a wee YouTube search - results here - just brilliant!

And a splendid demo of what I would guess we might describe as "A-framing" (?)
here
- you need to get past the first segment...and the p0rn film music... wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh lordy and about 2mins 5 secs into this
clip a most peculiar device to transform an ordinary plank of wood...sorry, I meant "ski"...into a "monoski"?

Hilarious!!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Murdoch, terrific, it's just like synchronised swimming - all they're missing is the noseclips! Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Can anyone find a clip of one of those synchronised bits where someone eats it and it throws the whole group?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The triumph of style over effectiveness! So many great skiers skiing so badly...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Actually, I was hoping for Interski 2007 videos, not 1007..... Laughing

But the Italians look good with their umbrellas!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
this reminds me of watching the obergurgl ski school do their "best" in a Butlins-like fashion last year.

If you look at the clips it is the same cheesy moves every year.

Truly this is Eurovision on skis.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar,
Were they really skiing badly or just on the way the equipment of the day dictated? I am curious not asking rhetorically.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
T Bar, I'm not an expert but I would say that they are following the fashion of the day, technique-wise, rather than using the equipment in the most effective fashion. All that skiing with their feet locked together, loads of counter-rotation and exaggerated movements of just about all their body parts. Silly, in my view.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
veeeight wrote:
But the Italians look good with their umbrellas!

Some BASI people had them in Meribel at Easter. I have no idea what they are for.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Can't wait to see "all of the above" put on a demo. You must be amazing technical skiers (on any equipment). My heroes wink

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Tue 14-08-07 11:11; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar, T Bar, IMHO, not if you have 215cm skis that resemble barrel staves more than skis or anything else and ankle high soft leather boots...not to mention cable bindings
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
...and those guys could ski deep powder on their 215cm sticks. No namby pamby "phats" for them wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I don't think anyone has said these would not be technically excellent skiers its just that with the filter of hindsight the output, particularly the 1987 Swedes, just looks, to use kid's modern parlance, "ghey".
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
fatbob, the Swedes all appeared to have been hugely influenced by the style of Ingemar Stenmark... others would have looked on enviously at the time. If you want to see even more contrast between today and yesteryear go look at a slalom race from the 70s. Ahhh, jumpers for goalposts...
snow conditions
Bode Swiller wrote:
Can't wait to see "all of the above" put on a demo. You must be amazing technical skiers (on any equipment). My heroes wink

just because those people can do that doesn't mean they should
snow report
Bode Swiller, I do hope you're not taking my comments the wrong way? wink

No criticism intended of any of the skiers featured; there's much going on that is "brilliant", an instructive retrospective as to how things have changed (and a passing comment on the fashionability of technique) and the quite hilarious idea for constructing a mono-ski whose worth was clearly proven by its immense commercial success.

While I would not describe my skiing as technically amazing, I would like to hope that with a few hours of re-familiarisation I could still ski on wooden skis with leather boots. Twisted Evil If the kit could be found. Might have to substitute walking boots and the wooden replicas they make to put up on walls Laughing
snow conditions
David Murdoch, skiing was more interesting back then and the whole travel experience more like an adventure. Because it was more difficult there was more mystique surrounding the expert end of the game. Beginners had it tough but perversely they probably enjoyed it more - skis too long and too blunt, extruded bases, boots too stiff, pole baskets the size of dinner plates, instruction in a foreign langauge by a farm hand. I really miss it all. I enjoyed unweighting and looking like a christmas tree. Jeans with gaiters, wooly gloves, frozen moustache - and that was just the wife.
snow report
David Murdoch, I can do you some Garmont Tour leather telemark boots, c/w TUA 190 cm 'Cirque' skis........
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy