Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiman wanted

Poster: A snowHead
Jutta at Ski Extreme wants a new skiman (or woman) for next winter. They should either be experienced and have a little french or if inexperienced they would need to speak better french so she can send them on courses. She can help find accommodation too. Hours are OK with 2 hours off every lunchtime to ski/snowboard and a day off every week. I don't suppose the pay is that great, but hey ....

anyone interested??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The hopes of so many libidos raised . . . only to be cruelly dashed . . . Confused
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Masque, Vous avez un problem?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
achilles, problème. wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lizzard correcting someone's English on another thread, laundryman correcting someone's French on here. Such poor form (or so I have been told). Little Angel
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
laundryman, désolée. Hurtle, wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
achilles,
Quote:

désolée

Erm....don't know how to tell you this... Embarassed
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hurtle, Oh bums. Look, I am hard pressed learning about RSS feeds, and how to put them on my company's web site. Mais je suis désolé que je vous aie préoccupé. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
achilles,
Quote:

je vous aie préoccupé.

Probably best to stop digging... wink But then I have no idea what RSS feeds are. Embarassed
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hurtle, I'm grateful.

RSS. Assuming you have IE7, you can go to Pistehors you wil see somewhere near the top of your screen an icon looking like an orange square with a series of concentric white arcs on it. In FF2, the same icon appears at the right of the address bar. Click that, and you can subscribe to the site's news service - it goes into you Favorites (IE7) or Bookmarks (FF2). The cool thing is that you can have a whole bunch of these feeds for various sites - and see instantly what the latest news is, without having to visit the sites themselves. So you can see a lot of headlines very quickly. If there is something you see of interest, you can go straight to the page concerned.

We are, however, OT.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sat 11-08-07 23:45; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
achilles, thank you, I understand some of that!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
None of which helps Jutta! rolling eyes
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
easiski, Sorry! I'd love to be a skiwoman, but I guess a prerequisite is being able to ski well. Sad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hurtle, i don't think so..... I understand you either need to be an experienced skiwoman or speak french well enough to do courses to learn to be...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hurtle, no, you have to be able to service skis. The job involves no skiing whatsoever.
snow report
little tiger, Really???!!!! I'd need to do a lot of courses to improve on my skills (and there could be an 'old dog/new tricks' problem Sad Embarassed ) so when would I work? (French not a problem - fluent.) Actually, this is probably a bit academic since it looks as though I won't be able to extricate myself from my present job until the new year, but one can dream...Not, of course, that my dreams help Jutta either. Sorry, I should stop wittering. Embarassed
snow report
easiski,

It might help if you explained what skiman/woman means, I assume it means ski-tech/rental. Hours aren't a major selling point to the ski bum population I suspect.
snow conditions
Hurtle, there's a ski tech course run in Grenoble which lasts a week, as far as I remember, and doesn't look particularly taxing. This is the course which most employers/aspiring techs use.
ski holidays
Lizzard, can't see me as a ski-tech, though, if that's what is required. I'm not an anything at all tech, unfortunately. Sad Embarassed
snow conditions
If the A-level results don't go to plan on Thursday, there'll be a dreadlocked teenager looking for work rolling eyes . As he is hoping to study French (and German), it would probably be ideal. However, I'm rather hoping the results are good instead.
ski holidays
Hurtle, Helen Beaumont, (well I hope Helen does not need it) I believe you get 2 hours off for lunch to ski plus 1 day off per week... (I'm currently hunting for australians to help Jutta fill job position)
latest report
As fatbob says, the hours aren't a big selling point - there are plenty of jobs out there which get you far more hill time than a measly two hours a day, lots of which ends up being spent in getting changed/riding lifts. Skiman usually pays more than minimum though.
snow conditions
Lizzard, I don't know - most of those jobs the ski time depends on whether you get your work done or whether the boss allows you to go or whatever. + most of the TO jobs are shockingly paid with all sorts of tricks to not pay what's actually owed at the end of the season etc. This is a proper job (no offence intended) learning or practising a trade, and there are plenty of peeps in ski resorts that don't get a day off every week - what a dream that would be - perhaps I should apply???
ski holidays
easiski, maybe you need to start allowing yourself a day off then? It doesn't pay the bills though rolling eyes
ski holidays
easiski, will post my CV Smile Smile
snow report
Helen Beaumont, It's all the weekend trade - you never dare say 'no' in case you have no work next week or month or whatever. Worst last season was 4 weeks between days off. The season before last it was 7! However I do occasionally say no if I'm getting too tired to stand up or carry my skis!

R32, You french would surely come on - but there aren't any you know whats .... wink wink

to clarify - a skiman (or woman) repairs skis and snowboards, mounts bindings, sells in the shop and generally does whatever the boss asks!!!
latest report
easiski, tell me about it, it's a bit like me and my locum work. Hence the new job.
snow conditions
little tiger, is there not a problem with Aussi's getting work permits in France??? or has that all changed
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
CEM, not if they have an EU passport
ski holidays
easiski, you may be right, keep it under your hat , you just don,t know who,s reading this. wink Smile
ski holidays
Well Richard won't be needing the job, he's off to Uni at the end of September
Very Happy
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Hurtle, a place at Lancaster to study French and German
snow report
Helen Beaumont, Great!
snow report
Helen Beaumont, Lancaster used to host THE best parties . . . from what I hear, nothing's changed Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Masque Very Happy
snow conditions
Masque, he's already getting into the spirit of things, so to speak. His Dad is none too happy to find some of his Genepi had been consumed this afternoon though.
snow report
Helen Beaumont, Well done Richard - congratulations. sorry about the Genepi. I had a text from my brother telling me that my niece got 4 As and is off to Cardiff to study Architecture. Cardiff is No 1 in the UK for this, so she was really relying on the results to get in. I'm dead chuffed - she worked very hard (in addition to being very bright of course).
snow conditions
easiski, excellent Very Happy
ski holidays
Luckily the Genepi was a very large bottle, so we've plenty left. rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy