Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hiver en Aout.

Poster: A snowHead
That was the headline in the local Savoie newspaper on Friday, after snow fell in the Haute Tarentaise, the Col d'Iseran was closed and snowploughs had to be deployed on the Col de Petit San Bernard. Snow level was down to about 2200 metres so it almost reached Arc 2000. Weirdest thing to see a snowplough going through the village in August with snow still on the plough.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 14-08-07 21:21; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David@traxvax,

Any pics??
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
johnboy, sorry Johnboy only in the local rag, Linda and I were too busy working to stop for photos, but it was fascinating to see the Roches Noire covered in snow in August.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That's bizarre! Snow in August... the world has gone mad.

johnboy, where you off to next year?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David@traxvax, at least they have the infrastructure to cope!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
YES I was out there from weds till today -rain all day weds and thurs -could see snow on the tops so went up to Tignes on Friday morning- they did not open the funicular till 9 because of snow clearing -20 cm of powder to play in and beatiful blue skys -what a fantastic morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
magic_hat,

PSB In Oct/ Nov

Livigno Feb

Did you get anything sorted yet? How is the rest of your gang? Ever see the drunken cheese licker? wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
erm i dont mean to put water on your fire, but it does it every year.

or at least i've been here 4 summers and its done it everyone of them.

totally normal nothing to write home about
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowangel., yeh, thats why it was headline news in the Savoie newspapers, first time I've experienced snow in August and it was a bit of a surprise to the rest of the village.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
johnboy,

I fancied the MSB but they've all got exams on March 11th, so it ruled that week out. Typical!

We've booked Geneva flights for mid Jan (a long weekend for Selina and me wherever the snow is good) and a week in La Tania from 15th March to ski the 3 Valleys with the cheese licker, Laura and 4 others.

Marion opted out of this one as she a) has no money and b) struggled a bit on the last one and fancies somewhere cheap and easy for her next trip to find her feet again!

Chris (talk like a pirate, cheese vomit sucker person) has fallen head over heels in love with snow holidays - he's bought his own board and has been going to the snow dome every few weeks. He's addicted!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
David@traxvax wrote:
snowangel., yeh, thats why it was headline news in the Savoie newspapers, first time I've experienced snow in August and it was a bit of a surprise to the rest of the village.

It was also headline news in the Dauphine-Libere in August 2006 - newspapers are a bit like Groundhog day, especially during the silly season. In 1996 the Val d'Isere leg of the Tour de France was scrapped due to snow on the Iseran.

http://pistehors.com/news/ski/comments/summer-snow/
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
davidof, that was my point it's enough of a rarity, at twice in 11yrs in the Haute Tarentaise, to make the news.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well okay fair enough. More importantly David, how was the snow in la Ros?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
davidof, it was cold wet and white, beyond that I didn't bother.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
David@traxvax, its a newspaper, they have to have something rediculas to put in it.
I wasn't here when the snow was on the lauteret this year so i dont know if the deneigers were out, but they certainly were last year and the year before we went tobogoning on the galibier. So unless your telling me i was dreaming, it obviously does happen regularly There certainly weren't very surprised locals here rolling eyes
snow conditions
johnboy wrote:

Any pics??

Here's one. Some friends just got back and sent this to us.
Technically it's in La Thuile, I suppose; I think it is just on the Italian side of the border, near the base of the Piccolo San Bernardo chair.

DJ
snow report
snowangel. wrote:
David@traxvax, its a newspaper, they have to have something rediculas to put in it.
I wasn't here when the snow was on the lauteret this year so i dont know if the deneigers were out, but they certainly were last year and the year before we went tobogoning on the galibier. So unless your telling me i was dreaming, it obviously does happen regularly There certainly weren't very surprised locals here rolling eyes

Hardly surprising on the Lauteret though is it? Considering Scott deemed it as one of the best places to train because of it's frequent inhospitability. And as an area it's not really representative of the Alpine region as a whole. Or did I miss something...?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy