Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Noeux Les Mines Dry Slope

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just skied this slope,as part of a weeks holiday in France.This is the big green thing on the side of the A26 out of Calais.....only its now white as its been completely recovered in Snowflex.See this..... http://uk.youtube.com/v/LKjZthfA1Ao
Have to say that,although it looks pretty impressive,as a slope for general skiing its pretty poor IMHO.I'm no fan of dry slopes,but I,along with others,found it nigh on impossible to edge.The surface has 'brushed' one way(obviously downhill)to the point where you can walk uphill with very little slip(like skinning).This means that over most of the area there is actually very little 'surface' to actually get an edge into.Now,none of this bothers the freestylers...who charge downhill,over the kickers and rails...and then run out straight back to the tow.
Conclusion...good for the freestylers ....not worth it for conventional skiers Sad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Darn, I always meant to ski it whilst it was green Dendix. Looks like I'll have to wait till they change it back again rolling eyes Thanks for the update, could have saved me a big disappointment Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yoda, Yes,a bit of a disappointment,at least for me.No1 son got on quite well..but he does the jumps etc so a bit of carving was of little interest.The rest of us had to revert to snow ploughing to gain any sort of control.Add to that minimal water spray(long term pump problems,still not resolved Confused )and it was pretty uninspiring.Speaking to one of the attendants,he more or less admitted it was now a pure freestyle slope.From my experience I would say that Snowflex is of limited use for general skiing...certainly when it has 'aged' a bit.Shame,its a lot kinder on the knees.

For anyone interested,the charges are per hour..prepaid on a smart card.The more you buy initially the cheaper it gets.Starts at €12 for 1hr.We purchased 4hrs ea at €34.They have rear entry boots and Dynastar skis if you want them....and the cafe is good if a little pricey.Opening times are a bit fluid,depending on the number of skiers.Typically 2.00pm till 7.00pm.BTW..we have no plans to return wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowskisnow, Well, at least you finally got there! Did you camp as per the info from the slope? If so was it any good?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
easiski, Yes,camped at Beuvry,about 15mins away.Even this was interesting rolling eyes Having used a few campings municipal,you get accustomed to a certain standard.This was the budget version wink Don't get me wrong,it was adequate....but it had a certain gypsy charm.We had some chap and his very extended family...who looked to be permanent residents.We had a couple of others with their cars in bits over the grass.The site attendant had one arm....and rode a moped Shocked ,and seemed very proud of his command of English....only I had no idea what he was saying Confused All in all a very odd couple of days,just a shame about the slope...but I've done it now Toofy Grin

Things looked up a couple of days later...went to Parc Asterix...during a thunderstorm!
Rode the Zeus roller-coaster in the rain...8 times in all...awesomely fast and noisy.Me and Liv loved every minute.Asterix is one place I thoroughly recommend Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowskisnow, That isn't really any cheaper than the indoor Snowhall at Amneville-les-Thermes near Metz. You pay €16 for two hours there.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy