Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

And there's the rub...

Poster: A snowHead
Just seen these two threads together...

Global Warming Will Accelerate From 2009
Followed by:
Yippee just booked flights for 48p each way

Puzzled Confused
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Funny you should post exactly what I was just thinking !!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There are so many every day things that individuals and countries can do to combat 'global warming' that will enable individuals to pursue their passion and travel around this wonderful world of ours without feeling guilty.

Easy to pick on air travel.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pick on them, pick on them! Let them feel guilty!

The fewer who fly, the easier we can get the cheaper fare. The more the rest of us get to ski. Smile

I will NOT do my part in reducing air travel. For every mile I'm in the air, it's one guilt-free mile I'm NOT driving.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think the coal fueled power stations China are building every nano second, the industrial set up in south China, the stance the US takes on this issue to maximise profit for its companies and big business, and the complete economic strangle hold the G8 nations (are there still 8??) have on the rest of the world as whole (to name but a few) has a bit more of an impact on things than a cheeky cheapie flight to the alps, imho Very Happy no guilt here
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Lol, there is nothing you can do any more which isn't directly linked to global warming, the term is now so widely and stupidly used it means nothing to me. If we are on a slippery slope though I'm going to make the most of the time we have left and squeeze in as many hols as I can.
Apparanly my council now pick up my waste every 2 weeks to "reduce global warming". I now need to drive a 2 hour round trip to the local tip on a sunday in my car and queue for 30 mins to get in, because it's so busy you cannot sort waste so everything recyclable or not goes to landfill......but hey at least we are reducing global warming rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SHello, can't see any paradox. The 2009 thing merely says that is what someone is predicting. The other thread mean that a skier was rejoicing at being able to get an affordable holiday. Even if your belief system believes that man-made carbon emission has accelerated the post ice-age warming trend, I doubt whether anything we in the UK can do would change matters - given the energy consumption increases in China and India.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SHello, help reduce global warming by culling 2 of your relatives. The younger they are when you cull them, the bigger the benefit to the planet. Everyone should cull at least one family member. Old people fart a lot and should all be culled to reduce methane levels.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tim Brown, if we're going to start culling people, we could take the opportunity to improve life for the rest of us. How about ....

- Jeremy Clarkson
- that irritating tit who owns Ryanair
- anyone who thinks wearing a tracksuit to go shopping is a good idea
- everyone who has anything whatever to do with the insurance business
- whichever taste-free individual thought Big Brother was a good idea

........ for a start.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tim Brown wrote:
...............Old people fart a lot and should all be culled to reduce methane levels.

Spot on. That's me for the chop Sad
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lizzard, you might get quite lonely by the time you finished... wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lizzard, can we expand that to any one who actually talks like Jeremy Clarkson and their immediate family (just in case), insurance plus legal business, anyone who wears a tracksuit for any other reason than sport, and cows cause they casue loads of methane .... oops we have already just started culling the cows again.

This must mean 'foot and mouth' is good for stopping global warming, less cows - less methane, less haulage of meat, less eating of the green green grass of home needed for our lovely oxygen Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

cows cause they casue loads of methane ...

and are a hideously inefficient way of producing food

nice, though, especially with their bells on, knee deep in an Alpine pasture full of flowers

Couldn't we add to the list all the people who actually want to appear on Big Brother or who vote for the contenders? That would make a difference. Have to be careful how you dispose of the bodies, though.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w wrote:
Quote:

cows cause they casue loads of methane ...

and are a hideously inefficient way of producing food

How else do you get beef? Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
laundryman, you don't. Cows are the only way of producing beef, but remain an inefficient way of producing food. I'm not a vegetarian, and I enjoy beef (can recommend the local Three Harbours brand!) but have to admit they don't make ecological sense, not just because of the methane but because of the amount of grain they eat, and the amount of land, including former virgin tropical forest, given over to growing food for cows.
snow report
pam w, I daresay we could very efficiently produce a bland diet containing exactly the right quantities of all the nutrients we need. I fail to see the point though. Everywhere was virgin something-or-other before people came along.
snow report
laundryman wrote:
Everywhere was virgin something-or-other before men came along.

fixed for ya. wink
latest report
Well lets look at the cow thing. If you ended all beef production and made all beef eaters veggie, you'd just end up with the humans farting a lot more and producing more methene instead of the cows farting!
snow conditions
comprex, rolling eyes wink Laughing
ski holidays
Same old folk, same old story, same old sh1te!!! Go find others to bore.
ski holidays
Winterhighland, apparently more methane comes out of a cows mouth than their back bottom. I can think of a few people that applies to too.
ski holidays
Lizzard wrote:
- anyone who thinks wearing a tracksuit to go shopping is a good idea

It's totally unfair for you to pick on the scoucers who actually buy things from shops.
latest report
Been away a few days, surprising what you come back to when you leave a loaded gun on the side... wink

Quote:

SHello, can't see any paradox. The 2009 thing merely says that is what someone is predicting. The other thread mean that a skier was rejoicing at being able to get an affordable holiday. Even if your belief system believes that man-made carbon emission has accelerated the post ice-age warming trend, I doubt whether anything we in the UK can do would change matters - given the energy consumption increases in China and India.

Can't say I have discussed my belief system with you or anyone else on this forum and the amount of time I spend on planes for both business and pleasure kind of puts you off target there.

Quote:

SHello, help reduce global warming by culling 2 of your relatives. The younger they are when you cull them, the bigger the benefit to the planet. Everyone should cull at least one family member. Old people fart a lot and should all be culled to reduce methane levels.

Thanks for the tip, if I see you when I'm next driving the Land Rover to the airport I will happily run you over so my next trip is 'carbon neutral' Cool
snow conditions
SHello wrote:
Been away a few days, surprising what you come back to when you leave a loaded gun on the side... wink

Quote:

Can't say I have discussed my belief system with you or anyone else on this forum and the amount of time I spend on planes for both business and pleasure kind of puts you off target there.

Puzzled

I said "Even if your belief system believes....". I did not say what I thought your belief system was.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 15-08-07 9:24; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Global warming / Climate change would still be the province of a few hippy scientists in a hut in the Antarctic if some marketing manager hadn't twigged it would be a great way to sell stuff to morons. Same goes for governments raising taxes and reducing services.
latest report
levart, how true.
snow conditions
achilles, no worries and no offence intended - just trying to be clear wink
latest report
Lizzard, excellent suggestions!!

Well asupposedly it's an irreversible slippery slope and we're all going to boil up and die anyway, so let's make the most of it while we can.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
crazy_skier_jules, got it in one!
ski holidays
crazy_skier_jules, laundryman, How dare you! That is the kind of selfish, irresponsible, head in the sand nonsense that makes you a happy person. wink There are nutters out there that believe all that they read! Respect their rights and just ignore them!!!!!

Keep the sunny side out.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy