Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zermatt - New Stockhorn tow and Findeln chair

brian
brian
There was some chat recently about the demise of the Stockhorn cable car and the end of lift served skiing up there. Fear not, Zermatt fans, a new tow is being put in.

Also new for 07/08:

- a new piste from Hohtalli to Gornergrat, the cable car has gone but this will make the first high level skiable connection between the Sunegga and Gornergrat sectors.

- a replacement for the old Findeln 2 seater with a new quad (heated seats for pansies) which will additionally go up in the other direction from Findlen to Breitenboden, making a faster route towards Riffelalp.

http://bergbahnen.zermatt.ch/e/medienmitteilung/2007/07/20.html

Also, I saw some recent chat about Zermatt considering replacements/upgrading of the electrobus link connecting the various lift bases around the resort. One of the possibilities is a speedy monorail. Not sure it might spoil the ambience but you can't help but be impressed by their efforts to address the formerly poor linkage between the various ski sectors.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
On the one hand, the Findeln chair was good and ready for a refit, but on the other hand, it was just about the right speed after a few beers at Chez Vrony...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JohnnyC, Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was told that the reason that he Findeln chair was so rickety and old was because it wasn't owned by the lift company, but by the owners of all the restaurants in that valley, so that skiers could come down for lunch. Puzzled
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy