Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

50-100 cm fresh snow expected in Switzerland by Friday

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/dyn/news/schweiz/779200.html
Well, according to this German report, 50-100 cm snow will fall above 3000 meter in the Swiss mountains. Freezing level will be at 2500m.
I wonder how much snow France and Austria will get. Austria needs some badly.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
20cm new snow in Tignes this morning Laughing

Next week is the annual Wine festival (15 - 19 August).Lots of good wines & champagnes at very resonable prices.

Last year it snowed in the village during the festival Blush but us Brits put on our brave face and had xmas lunch again without all the tourists Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stewart woodward, yeah! Keep it fresh for me I'll be over in the week Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cham' too. Double take looking out of the window this morning.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I can't even see the mountains this morning, but it's rained heavily, is still very damp and very cold for August. Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 brian
brian
Ooooooo snowHead

latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My wife just gave an up-to-the-minute report from Verbier:

10-20 cms fresh at Ruinettes. Snowing at this moment. Slushy on tracks where vehicles have been.

This time last year, on same walk, we were in hot sunshine being assaulted by huge grasshoppers.

Global warming....obviously!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It has been raining a lot below the freezing level. They have had the worst flood since 2005.

More pictures here. Click 'Galerie'.
http://www.tagesschau.sf.tv/
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It looks like the Western Alps saw most of the action.

The snowline is currently around 2200 - 2500m.

Zermatt skiing is closed. Val Thorens is white again. Chamonix and Tignes got moderately battered up top.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Blimey, snow in August! Shocked

Time to get base-building Wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yeah looking like a repeat of Summer 2005

http://www.espace.ch/_apps_fotogallery/event_show.asp?gID=4678
snow conditions
 brian
brian
rungsp wrote:
Global warming....obviously!

No, this is climate change wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stanton wrote:
Yeah looking like a repeat of Summer 2005

http://www.espace.ch/_apps_fotogallery/event_show.asp?gID=4678

Let's hope the winter that follows is a repeat too Wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Saas Fee reports 49cm of fresh snow today.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
metalhead132 wrote:
Saas Fee reports 49cm of fresh snow today.

Look at this man up at 2300m in Les Arcs Shocked Shocked

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=686454&highlight=#686454
snow report
Top of Grand Rochette in La Plagne this morning. This is at about 2500m

snow conditions
Quote:

This time last year, on same walk, we were in hot sunshine being assaulted by huge grasshoppers.

in Les Saisies it was very cold in August last year - can't remember exactly when during the month, but it was 4 degrees at 1550m at one point. That was followed by a dry and warm autumn; we were walking in shorts and T-shirts at the very end of October, amidst the autumn colours. Two days ago we had a storm here (in Hampshire) with torrential rain, the kind of cyclonic winds which made me very glad I was not out in a boat, and hail that stripped all the petals off my geraniums. South Asia is drowning. The weather does seem to be all over the place. The thing is about climate change, I suppose, that you don't know for sure that it's happened till afterwards, because of the length of the statistical series needed to be sure it isn't just the familiar variation.
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
Quote:

in Les Saisies it was very cold in August last year - can't remember exactly when during the month, but it was 4 degrees at 1550m at one point. That was followed by a dry and warm autumn;

First two weeks of August, exactly the same weather.

http://pistehors.com/news/ski/comments/summer-snow/

there was more snow last year.

I was then walking in shorts until the end of December when it finally snowed enough to put an end to the alpine hiking season.
snow report
Zermatt TOOOODAYYYYYYY!!
ski holidays
metalhead132, Ooooooohhhhhhhh. I WISH I were there Sad
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
davidof, Yes - it was vile up on the glacier last August, but in all that we never had so much snow as yesterday and last night actually lying on the piste. I'm about to download the zillions of pix I took today. I've skied fresh snow as deep as this (about 10cms) in July and September before, but never in august AFAIR. Very Happy
snow conditions
Morning folks, Any ideas where I can get an historical snow report for Villars? Planning to go again Feb/March with friends Very Happy

Thanks in advance
N
ski holidays
noodles3 wrote:
Morning folks, Any ideas where I can get an historical snow report for Villars? Planning to go again Feb/March with friends Very Happy

Thanks in advance
N

Try the snow history sections of skiclub.co.uk (register with an email) and igluski.com.

Villars is low, and gets battered by the sun.

Feb to early Mar should be fine. Any later and the risk of green slopes rises tangibly.
snow report
Whitegold wrote:
noodles3 wrote:

Thanks in advance
N

Try the snow history sections of skiclub.co.uk (register with an email) and igluski.com.

Villars is low, and gets battered by the sun.

Feb to early Mar should be fine. Any later and the risk of green slopes rises tangibly.

Excellent, thanks. I've had a look and it looks okay for Feb/March Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy