Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Large Chalet / Appartment in Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have a reccomendation for a large (sleeps 16-20) chalet/appartment in Tignes that does Sat-Sat and is preferably ski in-ski out.

Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try tignes.co.uk, they should be able to help.
http://www.tignes.co.uk/catered.htm
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Swirly, Dragon Lodge http://www.dragonlodge.com/
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Masque wrote:
Swirly, Dragon Lodge http://www.dragonlodge.com/

Masque - Have you stayed at the Dragon Lodge? It leaves a lot to be desired Confused

Neilson & Ski Toatal have some very good new apartments which are worth considering
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stewart woodward, Are you in Tignes or UK at the mo?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
boredsurfin,

UK (playing golf & doing my summer job) this week.

TIGNES next week Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Not sure if i will recognise Tignes from all the slagging it appears to be getting on snowHead at the moment Confused
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stewart woodward, I stayed at the old one several times and that was . . . a little 'communal' . . . but I understand the new place down the hill is much more salubrious.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Swirly wrote:
Does anyone have a reccomendation for a large (sleeps 16-20) chalet/appartment in Tignes that does Sat-Sat and is preferably ski in-ski out.

Thanks in advance.

www.mountainsunltd.com Got to chalet hotel Les Melezes. This is almost ski in ski out during winter. A few metres walk to ski down to chair lift and ski to accross the road opposite hotel. We are in Le Boisses rather than Le Lac so a little out of the main resort - a bit more picturesque, less lively - for nightlife action it's a taxi ride. There is a good bar in the hotel though.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Joanne Mountainsun, looking for Sat-Sat.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Swirly,

Hi. I’m Dan who runs Dragon Lodge. I’m not sure what Stuart Woodwards comments about our chalet is meant to mean but I thought Id set things straight:
Dragon Lodge is about 20 to 30% cheaper than your usual Tour Operator chalet in Tignes. We pass on the saving to the guests in that our Chalet is not the newest most modern, being a 70s style chalet. In fact it’s a top place with many people coming back year on year and so far we have a good rep. I have a feeling Stewart may be comparing us with higher prices alternatives but to badmouth us on a forum, well that’s his choice but not really the opinion of most who holiday at Dragon Lodge. We’ve been around for 10 years and we’re in the best place you can be in Tignes. Guests vote with their feet and I wish you good luck in getting a booking this coming season! If we have availability we’ll be more than happy to take you on the mountain for 2 days of the week at no extra charge. We do this for all our guests, that’s what it’s all about. Good home cooking, emphasis on the day on the snow and the odd party at night. Don’t expect luxury, do expect to have one of the best holidays of your life.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Swirly, ..... Dan won't put a handle on me, but he would know me if he saw me ..... Toofy Grin

....I think he has given a pretty fair assessment on Dragon Lodge .... wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Swirly, I'll echo BernardC, and say that I put good people, times and company above the accommodation. Let's be honest is it better to have the wonga for two weeks on t'snow in slightly humble yet friendly surroundings or head to an up-market gin palace that's sole purpose is to tear a hole in your credit card? Do you go to the mountains to slide or show us all yer wad?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DanDragonLodge,

Welcome to snowheads.

Didn't realise my comment 'Badmouthed' your chalet. If you think so please accept my apologies.

Previously i have recommended your chalet to some of my clients, who booked and stayed with you. You obviously have a niche in the market which suits some, but not all, clients.

ps To 'set things straight' my name is spelt STEWART wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stewart woodward, what were the conditions like when you were there (or still are there) ... the glacier webcam is out of action!

Thanks in advance
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stevew,

The glacier skiing is pretty good at the moment. Better than the last few years at this time. Blush

If you get up early and catch the first funicular (7-15am) you can a few good hours before it starts getting a little soft.

Cold in the village last night, nearly down to freezing, but this morning has warmed up considerably. Should make this afternoons trip to the annual 'fete de Vin' pleasant Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
stewart (not stuart!), no problem. Just hard enough for us independents to keep our heads above water fighting these big tour operators - they seem to have bottomless advertising coffers, which we haven't! so word of mouth is everything to us. as it should be. Thanks for your previos referals and see you around Tignes. Id put a smiley face in but my pc doesn't seem to like them! Dan
latest report
DanDragonLodge, I'd stay at your place, if for no other reason to play with the Dragons. I asume you have some Dragons there? When asleep, i dream of being in a Five star place so it just might as well be. Ah, yes welcome to SH's, such a bisarre thing to say, "Welcome to the Virtual Snow haven.........." FISH.
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Either the meds aren't working, the booze is or 'Madam Palm and her five lovely daughters' have drained your brains . . . again

Hi DanDragonLodge, long time no see, and I remember the very beautiful young Israeli lady wink . . . and nice to see you registered in this wee wallow, we need more industry honesty.
As someone who spent a lot of his youth tramping round the Hostels of England and some of Europe, I despair at the need and greed of people who see that it's only possible to enjoy the mountains from the equivalent comfort to their own living room rolling eyes having and spending money (as fun as that may be) is not a requirement to enjoying the sport of sliding on snow.
snow conditions
Masque, ... not many truer words have ever been uttered .... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
We had a great Christmas at the Dragon Lodge a few years back (Dan might remember my friend Tigi the couch bandit Wink - In fact I still have my whistling marmot Christmas present, it now lives in the loo in Chamonix.)

It's a super place with a great atmosphere, and we very much hope to be back there one of these days - hmmm maybe even a cheekey early season break, now I come to think of it!
snow report
Whats the snow usually like in Tignes at new year?
latest report
Swirly, we will be staying in a posh place for 18 run by Ski World for a week in April which is ski in ski out.
http://www.skiworld.ltd.uk/ski/chalet-holiday/skiing-Tignes/Annapurna-II/765

If the "bells and whistles" are as important to your party (hot-tub etc.) as they are to Mrs. Nick L then this looks ideal.
It sounds to me however that I would be perfectly happy at Dragon Lodge (BTW, Welcome to snowHead s DanDragonLodge)
ski holidays
Dave Wick,
It's a high resort, so as likely to be as good as anywhere in the Alps.
latest report
dave_wick wrote:
Whats the snow usually like in Tignes at new year?

Normally WHITE, maybe COLD but always lots of skiing available Laughing Laughing Laughing

No need to worry about snow cover its been snowing this week Blush Blush
latest report
I don't know what Dan has to worry about- a fair percentage of the tour operators chalets bottom end chalers leave alot to be desired. I recall one in Val about 5 years ago with skiworld-if I'd gone there with my other half we would have been out and looked in to a swanky hotel
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy