Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic Kongur

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is one of Atomic's tele/backcountry ski range. Apparently replaced the older TM:18

Considering a pair as a new tele set up as they are available dirt cheap in the US. Any views/experience etc? Not sure even if its a model widely sold in Europe (maybe around Cham).
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fatbob, I've just checked the 07/08 Atomic dealer catalogue (Europe) & the neither the Kongor nor the TM:18 are listed. I'd suggest enquiring on Epicski.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spyderjon, he's talking about the 05 blue salamander pattern or the 06 orange flamer 84-waist jobbie. telemarktips.com is prolly the better place to go; I think the 88mm waist Kailas is the stealth bargain unless fatbob is looking for a tele version of the old M:EX.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 6-08-07 20:30; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What constitutes "dirt cheap" fatbob? (I feel it's time to learn to tele and if it's cheaper to buy skis than rent then...)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PhillipStanton, under $200 for the '05s (and some '06s if you look carefully).

spyderjon do you have anything on the Rt80, Rt86?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
comprex, Atomics 07/08 tele offering in Europe is:

Janak
Kailas
Tacora
Pumori
Janak Bro
RT86: 127-86-113, cap sandwich, available in 162/169/176/183cm
RT80: 121-80-107, cap sandwich, available in 157/164/171/178cm

Pricing on the above not available for a couple of months.

Last year's Kongur on sale at Telemark-Pyrenees: http://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=1_10_161&products_id=2719
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fatbob,

If you are anywhere in Engelberg....................did you check out the teleshop on the corner of the Bellevue...?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
JT,

Yep been in OKAY a couple of times - not needed to rent kit though more the price and roughly decent dimensions were attractive. Maybe I should bite the bullet & buy some proper 98mm+ skis for tele. (or if I listen to parlor 130mm wink )
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
JT,

Yep been in OKAY a couple of times - not needed to rent kit though more the price and roughly decent dimensions were attractive. Maybe I should bite the bullet & buy some proper 98mm+ skis for tele. (or if I listen to parlor 130mm wink )
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
fatbob, you want some High Society FR's in 187cm. 136-104-126 & 23.7m radius. Their flex would be perfect for you. Mates rates apply wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
spyderjon, Lead me not into temptation....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy