Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Airmiles flights...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi peeps

It could be worth getting an airmiles credit-card & using your miles for cheap flights.

I flew BA in April for 800miles plus £54 tax for a return ticket - and you still get meals, complimentary booze & papers on the flights. One hold bag allowed, but no hassle with additional ski- & boot-bags.

You can build up miles using your card / convert tescos clubcard points to airmiles / get miles with Powergen for your gas & electric bills etc - they soon mount up. You may get about 500 complimentary miles when you take the card out too
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
geoffers, regarding using the Tesco Clubcard to gain airmiles. All the advice from the gurus is to transfer Tesco earnings to something else and NEVER get the points converted to store vouchers, as anything else gives a better rate of return.

I'm about to do my first 'free' flights on miles - me and her heading for Las Vegas paid for by Star Alliance miles. I still had to pay fuel surcharges and taxes. It will be interesting to see whether I get treated any differently when going for lounge access etc. compared to a normal paid up flight.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I convert my Tesco points (and points from my Amex credit card) to British Airways Miles. Without changing my shopping pattern too much the miles soon build up, and during the past four years we've had five pairs of business class flights to the US, paying only taxes.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
geoffers wrote:,
Quote:

It could be worth getting an airmiles credit-card & using your miles for cheap flights.

Yes I've got one, or rather two, because the Airmiles Duo card gives you an Amex and a Mastercard linked to the one account. Beware though, the Mastercard only gives you one Airmile for every £50, the Amex is one for every £10.

You can also collect BA miles with the BA Amex card. Note: Airmiles is owned by BA.

Shell pluspoints is another good way to gain Airmiles. Very Happy

snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've signed up - had loads of flights over the years with nat west (who have started a new scheme), but they really need to sign up more people to take amex. You get double miles when used abroad - just come back from france and hardly anywhere would accept the amex so had to use the mastercard, which even at double miles is worse than the old nat west rate for 1 mile : £20
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've been collecting Airmiles and BA Miles for years and agree with the sentiment.

I must admit, though, that as fuel surcharges and taxes have crept up, I've found it less and less advantageous to use either for short haul trips - especially as BA's base fuel surcharge/ taxes are a lot higher than EasyJet, say, on the same route.

By planning ahead, I rarely pay over £80-100 for a return trip to Geneva on BA, Swiss or Air France - so using mileage to save £30-£50 doesn't seem to be great value to me. I think you get much better value saving up for medium and long haul rewards. Or holding out for Airmile / BA Mile "sales".

jmdohanlon - I've never had any different treatment when travelling on miles than if I've paid.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy