Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

US priciest ski ticket (so far): $87 a day at Aspen

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:
ASPEN, Colo. — A one-day lift ticket to Aspen during peak ski season will cost you $87 at the window, up $5 from last season.

That walk-up price tops the $85 Vail charged last season for single-day tickets and gives Aspen the title of priciest lift ticket — at least for now.

Visitors who plan ahead and buy multi-day tickets can save.

For instance, Aspen Skiing Co. said today it would offer seven-day passes allowing holders unrestricted access to Snowmass, Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highlands and Buttermilk throughout the season for $259 for adults or $199 for students. It must be purchased in person in Colorado at specific spots to be announced this fall.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/travel/2003815039_webskitickets31.html
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
...a little note to add to that...
Last year only 10% of ticket sales were at the full window price.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If the Dollar was at its normal rate around $1.5 to £1 that would be around £60 a day Sad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Still, it'll keep the riff raff away
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Seems cheap compared to Xscape at £20+ per hour.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Wear The Fox Hat, do you work for Aspen?

stanton, If the Dollar was at its proper rate around $3 to £1 that would still be around £30 a day!

TomazH, so that rules out anyone from Manchester then Wink

spyderjon, but perhaps Aspen's lecky bill is smaller than Xscape's Wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
admin, there's a big difference between being from here and merely living here. Went to Aspen for a day once. It rained and it was full of Americans. Word of warning - the skiing is really naff there in July.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stanton wrote:
If the Dollar was at its normal rate around $1.5 to £1 that would be around £60 a day Sad

But it ain't. In any case, in my memory the $ has fluctuated between $2.40 and $1.03 to the £. So I am unclear what you mean by 'normal'.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:
Word of warning - the skiing is really naff there in July.

Laughing thanks for the advice, I'll cancel for next Summer then.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Only twits buy American lift passes at list price without looking around. Contact Ski Independence and various others in a few months time and you will get a good deal. Last year saved 40% on window prices for JH. I haven't yet seen such deep discounts for European resorts.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stoatsbrother, why shop around? It's only the odd few hundred quid here and there.

admin, good job for you that this site is attracting some real experts now.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
TomazH, thanks David
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stoatsbrother, another in joke perhaps?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
TomazH, you need top be careful, some of your stuff may now not be understood by a newbie, it may be considered an in-joke.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frosty the Snowman, wow, you mean I'm not a new boy any more? Feels almost as good as the first time I flew the magnificently competent easyJet. I still don't get stoatsbrother's comment tho'.
latest report
TomazH, either you are a sarcastic little troll, or an ex-frequent poster here who went off in a snit and has now returned looking to annoy people in a new way, or a ....

I suspect you are the second, but heh - whatever floats your boat. Confused
snow report
stoatsbrother, So now I'm a boat-owning, little easyJet employee (great airline by the way), ex-frequent-posting troll, sock puppet friend of some bloke called David. You have issues my friend. Who are you exactly? The Godfather of Snot?
snow conditions
TomazH, whatever you say... little troll rolling eyes
snow conditions
admin wrote:
Wear The Fox Hat, do you work for Aspen?

No, but I know a man who does. Wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy