Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Question ....St Anton

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

We are planning a group trip to St Aton for Feb.

We are up to date with current packages from UK operators but now looking at the alternatives........can anyone answer the following....

1. Transfer times from inns and salz...train and bus
2. Internet links to chalet accom which we can book direct, by passing the normal UK tour operators
3. Does anyone know person who owns a chalet in St Aton looking for a group in Feb 2008

Any and all info or advice including links or contact details will be cool

Regards

Mongoose
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Train from Innsbruck to StA is about an hour and, depending on connections, about 3 - 4 hours from Salzburg. The most convenient airports for StA are Innsbruck and Zurich, which is about 2 1/2 hours from StA. Munich is a little further - probably about 4 hours. Full timetable details can be found on the OBB (Austrian train) site: http://www.oebb.at

No idea on chalets - we always stay in apartment. You could try the local tourist office:
Tourismusverband
A-6580 St. Anton am Arlberg, Tirol
Tel +43 5446 22690 Fax 2532
info@stantonamarlberg.com

or check out the website at http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/winter/

Good luck
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Friedrichshafen airport is just over an hour by bus, and is served by ryanair and good links to St Anton.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Theres no such thing as Chalet in St Anton. Chalets are private houses rented out by British & Scandinavian Tour Companys years in advance.

What you are looking for is a Private House? If you could find one your be very very very lucky but then you will need someone to cook,clean for you etc?

Best thing is to book a Gasthof or Hotel Garni where you will get breakfast & Dinner.

This place is popular in town so probably booked out in February Good Food, Apres ski tea,cakes etc. (simialr to a Chalet)

Talk to Margarita (the owner)

http://www.himmelhof.at

These folk operate in St Anton now

http://www.scottdunn.co.uk/ski/areas/austria-st-anton.html
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mongoose, St Anton tourist office site sorted me out for accomm last year, I will forward email address of the particular 'Hotel Garni" i stayed at if you want if you PM me your email.

Train from Zurich was about 4 hours but comfy, had beer and was convenient. Easyjet now do Bristol - Ins though which is much better if you are SouthWest (ish)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Fastest train from Zurich Hautbahnhof (Main Station is 2hrs 50 mins,) + Zurich Airport to Main station 10mins.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi stanton, rayscoops, iblair and ulmerhutte

good stuff, thankyou for your info and advice, this site rocks and its good to see fellow snowheads helping each other out.

cheers

Mongoose
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ditto iblair, Friedrichshafen is a painless and cheap transfer, but I would recommend the train as the stations at the airport and St Anton could not be more conveniently located. See http://www.db.de/site/bahn/en/start.html for more info on the train.

Companies such as Mark Warner operate catered chalet hotels in St Anton but you're looking at in excess of £1000pp for a busy week in feb!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy