Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help needed.....can anyone recommend a resort for Christmas/New Year..

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A group of 5 of us want to escape after Christmas and avoid the usual New Years.. 3 experienced boarders and 2 semi beginners..want someone with really good nightlife..any ideas? Went to Les Deuz Alpes last year but it wasn't good at all for beginner boarders, cheers Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Any place you go will be a special Christmas. We always go to either Norway or the PdS. Avoriaz is particulary good for boarders but as with most French resorts lacks the Austrian night life! Nightlife you should consider Austria or Italy. Ischgl, St Anton, Solden, Sauze D'Oulx or Livigno. The latter two may not give you more experienced boarders enough challenging runs.

Way up what is more important Riding or the Craic? By the way littlemisssunshine, welcome to snowHead 's
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
littlemisssunshine, maybe you should post under the Snowboard section too. I found Saas Fee good, not too bad for beginners and good apres
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
riding edges ahead but a resort with no craic at all would be awful for new year...any ideas? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
littlemisssunshine, Obviously my assertion that French resorts do not have a great nightlife is a generalisation, but decide what you want from your group. Zermatt will have the challenges AND has a great nightlife but the "2 semi beginners" may have difficulties. What is your budget?, As Zermatt can be pricey at that time of the year.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
littlemisssunshine, Welcome to snowHead s!
I'm a skier, not a boarder, but I would second rayscoops's recommendation for Saas Fee at that time of year. The reason being it's a high altitude resort and has a glacier, so you are guaranteed snow. Also the skiing/boarding is quite extensive. There is a Snow Park with half pipe, kickers and rails, see this site for more info. There are plenty of bars in town, the popcorn bar in the centre of town (next to the Hotel Dom) is where a lot of the boarders hang out.
I also posted about Saas Fee on this thread
PS The 6 day lift pass now includes the option of 1 day in nearby Zermatt - a lot of the UK operators organise a day trip.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm not a boarder but Ischgl has good gentle slopes for skiers, a good early season snow record and a notoriously raucous nightlife. (I stayed up the valley in Galtur for New Year). It may suit all your requirements but probaby won't be cheap at New Year or easy to get a booking.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Over the years I've spent Christmas or New Year at various resorts including Val D'Isere, Courchevel, Val Thorens, St. Anton, Zermatt, and Saas Fee and enjoyed them all.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thanks for all the tips, much appreciated
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy