Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux-Alpes-What's the attraction

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

letitsnow, Your apology is accepted.

Phew! Thanks! Let's concentrate on having a wicked winter ahead!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Phew! Thanks! Let's concentrate on having a wicked winter ahead! Thu Aug 16, 07 12:33

Wherever we choose to ski!!!!!!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well I shall be skiing (or more likely boarding) mostly in:

2Alpes (sorry!)
Alpe d'Huez
Serre Chevalier if I can get my lazy self around to it this year
Alpe du Grand Serre if the snow's better than it was last season

And I have good intentions of making the most of my lift pass by going to Puy St Vincent and Montgenevre at least once.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
easiski wrote:

Limited??? Where???? The only limitations here are the skiers' own abiltiy.

Boring???? How????? We have runs in gullys, we have wide open runs, we have undulating runs, we have runs through the trees, we have steep runs pisted and unpisted. We have massive off piste descents eg: Chalance, St Christophe (3 main routes), Les Travers, Cuculet and others. We have La Grave next door .. The Face is about 2kms end to end, with open bits, pistes, trees, gullys, rocks - how much do you want ..??

There is a big difference between saying 'I found the skiing limited' and saying 'the skiing is limited'.

Stop it easiski - you're making me want to add LDA to my road trip next Feb. i have too many candidates al ready Little Angel

And agreed entirely. I can have days of fun skiing everywhere on hills around the Pacific Northwest that basically have 1 lift that serves 20 marked trails and 600m vertical. The groomers are good to warm up, but then there's a whole mountain to explore limited only by one's imagination. And I imagine the options at LDA are essentially endless (I went 20 years ago for a day but was a newbie in those days and have little recollection)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've more or less let this go once, but when I read this:

easiski,
Quote:

Since I can ski everywhere I want to, I like to be able to choose a run for it's character.

and this:

gortonator,
Quote:

there's a whole mountain to explore limited only by one's imagination

and, for myself, can only say "I wish!", then I do wonder how true the following statement is:

Quote:

most Snowheads are real skiers, and not just holiday 'travelling' skiers

Any comments?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hurtle, subject for a poll in new thread?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hurtle, no! I'm saying nothing further on this thread Toofy Grin . It's an interesting topic though, why don't you start a fresh thread - not related to LDA? Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stevew, you beat me to it!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stevew, I was just about to post the same thing. about time this one was allowed to die
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stevew, cathy, holidayloverxx, your wish is my command!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy