Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New lifts in Fernie/KH?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just wondering if there are any rumours of new lifts in any Canadian resorts within the next few seasons particularly in Fernie or Kicking Horse?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
not that I've heard of at KH or Fernie. But Red is replacing it's lower chair to open up more beginner terrain, and hopefully it'll open up more terrain in the next year or two.

And of course, there's Revelstoke ....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There is sporadic talk at Fernie IIRC of extending a lift into Fish Bowl but then it will be right up next to ILL property where trespassers will be shot. Plus Fish is a notorius avy trap for the unwary.

The best rumour I heard was that Heiko, the original owner wanted to build a new ski hill elsewhere in the valley because he disliked RCR's attitude and poor value for money for locals.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
gortonator, just been reading about Revelstoke and it sounds awesome!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revelstoke_Mountain_Resort

Might have to pay it a visit on our Canada trip this winter. How far is it from KH?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hd,

They have a great sales pitch but..................I'm waiting 'til they've developed it a bit more and ironed out all the snags.

The place is going to be a building site for the forseeable future.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fatbob wrote:
There is sporadic talk at Fernie IIRC of extending a lift into Fish Bowl but then it will be right up next to ILL property where trespassers will be shot. Plus Fish is a notorius avy trap for the unwary.

The best rumour I heard was that Heiko, the original owner wanted to build a new ski hill elsewhere in the valley because he disliked RCR's attitude and poor value for money for locals.

I wish they'd just put a drag from the bottom of the Falling Star terrain park for now... Two lifts or a hike sucks!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In it's long term plan KH has a chair going off to the next bowl on the left as you look up the mtn. Not sure where they're up to though.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Im keeping an eye on Revelstoke as well but its hard to find any info on when they are opening and what the ticket prices will be. But I might end up going there this year.

Dont think fernie has any new lifts next year. I hope Fish Bowl stays un developed as its gives a good easily accessible back country to go with a guide without hiking your self to death. Falling star terrain park needs a tow rope so does the other park.

I know there are other projects brewing in the area. Cant say more as I dont have any more facts. But I dont think any other mountain in the close vicinity of Fernie attracts as much snow fall as the Fernie Resort one.

Tex
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy