Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Maintaining pistes in Lesotho

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
One of the world's more obscure ski destination is Maluti in Lesotho, southern Africa, which has pistes only 300m to 400m long. Not surprisingly the snow there is very exposed to the sun, so conserving it is a preoccupation.

This photo shows (left of shot) the black canopies that are set up to put one run in shadow. This can be pretty effective.

They also send a van with a snowman round to top up the home runs, as required.

If anyone wants a vanful of snow I'll see if I can get his number. Tesco don't do this.

[Photos by VSG, on ski.com.au.]
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Seems that I've been foiled by a very attractive girl in a string vest.

Try this link and scan down the postings for VSG's photos.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Goldsmith, unfortunately neither link works. You get a rather pleasant shot of a scantily clad young lady wound up in a very long mouse cord saying 'Hot Links are not permitted.'

Edit - you've found a workaround - well done.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 12-10-04 9:24; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ian, David's 2nd link works OK, try again.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks, Ian. That girl suddenly appeared on the scene, and I was just recovering the situation - and my composure - when you posted!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Odd - they are both working now.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No they're not. I'm on my way to Lesotho with a webcam.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David Goldsmith, I don't think you need to bother to go that far, sure I recognise her, she's from Clapham...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
She's certainly in better condition than the Lesotho Pistes.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I bet she wouldn't do that with a boa constrictor
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy