Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dalbello Krypton Cross: model year?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
In March 07 I bought a pair of these in VdI. Their colour is black with grey tongue and the buckles are a yellowish light-orange, they have a Trufit Ceramic liner.

I had a look on the Dalbello website and there this model has dark-orange buckles.

I am now wondering whether they sold me an old model from 05/06. I really do not care about the colour scheme of the buckles but I read somewhere that the liner was a weak point on older models and has been significantly upgraded in the 06/07 model.

Could someone please confirm what model/liner I have.

Also, is it worth upgrading to the ID Thermo liner?
Cheers.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowman, 2004/05, Yes the I.D. liner makes a huge difference.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SZK, thanks for your help. Can you please have a look at this photo of my boot, just to be sure as I want to go back to the shop next season and get them to upgrade me to the ID liner. Any ideas what kind of "monetary compensation" I should ask them for for selling me an old stock boot.

http://img405.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kryptoncrossyw5.jpg

Thanks a lot.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowman, Yep thats the first model from 2004/5. Why would you want any money back, it's the same boot. We dont change prices year on year for graphic or colour change. Vanity is insanity! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As I understand it, the stock liner was a weak point in the older models and has been significantly upgraded in 2006/07....so paying full price for these (in March 2007!) I should get the latest liner. I actually asked them if this was the current model which they confirmed! I really like the flex of the Dalbello so I do want to keep them but I want the better liner....I think, the very least they can do now is to give me a credit(I have no idea how much?) for the old-stock liner I have now and then I will buy the new ID liner.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowman, The Cross is still available with both standard and I.D. silver liners. The I.D. version being a more expensive option. However if you have been told that the boot was 06/07 model, then that's clearly false. I'd suggest a calm approach if you are wanting a credit or advantageous outcome. Little Angel
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy