Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"Hello Alpe D'Huez"

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've got my flights booked to Grenoble so I fired off some emails to LDA and ADH.
LDA have bombarded me with emails, brochures etc. ADH nothing.
I know its summer and holidays in France are now etc but how can resorts like ADH ignore a simple request for information?
I sent emails to the Tourist board, an agency and Pierre et vacances. Nothing from any of them.
What's more the ADH website looks good until you try to find any information then the pages are blank. rolling eyes

Rant over. Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Michael B,

You'll probably get as much info from here anyway. I didn't have any problem getting accomodation in ADH at the last minute and there are a few
peeps with accomodation here.

Might be as well to decide which resort you would rather be in. I'd personally pick ADH...out of the two... but then L2A has Easiski...who incidently is offline for the moment.

If you haven't been to either, then the layout of L2A is almost linear and simple to naviagte. ADH is on more of a slope so position can be more of a issue f you don't like clomping for a few hundred metres in boots.

All this does not negate your rant about useless websites, BTW
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JT, I quite fancy the Pierre et Vacances apartments, in ADH, as they are across the road from lifts. I dont fancy the "cross town" lift or walking for ages.
Anyone who knows what's what in ADH is welcome to enlighten me.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Michael B, Is that the Pierre et Vacances at Les Bergers? I think they have a couple in ADH.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Michael B, where are you wanting to be , in the middle of the town with a bus stop outside ( P V ) have one next to the ice rink, if you want to ski in out try les bergers area.

i've been the last two years and have booked a chalet this year further away, i'll see how that goes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Where is the best location to suit the following criteria?

no big hike or bus ride to lifts in the morning, somewhere quite close.

reasonably near to bars and restaurants for the evening sorties.....

Not asking for too much am i? Any information would be welcome.

Greg
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
northantsred wrote:
Where is the best location to suit the following criteria?

no big hike or bus ride to lifts in the morning, somewhere quite close.

reasonably near to bars and restaurants for the evening sorties.....

Not asking for too much am i? Any information would be welcome.

Greg

Les bergers area meets criteria for ski in and ski out but is opposite end to resort/ nightlife etc. I'm not sure where would meet ski ski out and nightlife criteria. There is certainly accomdation there that would meet the criteria. Even at les bergers its only a 10 mins walk in to town.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Les Bergers is where I'm hoping to get, if they ever reply. I've got time so I'm not worried yet.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Michael B, I've stayed at Les Bergers and am staying there again at Easter, in Les Melezes which is one of the blocks P&V use also. It's nearly all apartments there some ski in/out and a couple of chairs and a large gondola to get you up the mountain. There is a small shopping centre and a few bars and restaurants. If you want a wider choice the resort centre is about 15 minutes I guess and it's on the flat (although Les Bergers itself is on a slope). Ski school meeting place there too.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just picked up on another thread that Oz would be a good base, any thoughts?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Best base for skiing. Easy access to the slopes (no queues). Can access ADH slopes or Vaujany slopes easily. Can speak back down to Oz (with the usual caveats about descending skiied out runs at the end of the day). Nightlife is rather limited compared to ADH. They have (much to my annoyance) opened a nightclub. There are also several good bars and good`ish restaurants in the resort. I`d go for Oz any time - but I am biased.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
beetle, why are you biased, have you got an investment in the resort?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Agree with beetle - Oz would be a great base as long as you're not bothered about excessive nightlife.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not sure the word `investment` accurately describes the position but I do have an apartment !
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I should have said I have an apartment in chalet des neiges but it makes no difference to me whether you rent or not as I've a fixed rental guarantee. Having skied down to Oz some of the best intermedaate skiing in the Alpe d'huez ski domain is there. Its the prettiest part of the resort and it desn't take long to get to the cable cars to get to the very top of the ski domain. Save for night life its a very nice spot. Alpe d'huez has got more night life - I'm not sure even ADH is where I'd go for apres ski
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy