Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hi...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
...new to this forum & was looking for a bit of advise.
I'm spending this season working in Meribel.In my spare time i would love to learn racing techniques.Does anyone know of any clubs their that i could join.Any advise on how i could achieve this goal would be very much appreciated.
Also,i follow the World Cup every year on Eurosport,& was wondering whether their is any English printed magazines available in Britain that is dedicated to Ski Racing & profiles ski racers etc.
Here's hoping.Cheers & beers Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
spud, welcome to snowHeads. If you want a magazine which covers the (mainly indoor/plastic) UK racing scene the best magazine is Racer Ready. You my also want to visit My Snow Sports which has a forum with interest from a number of junior UK racers. There are a number of local ski clubs in the UK that operate on dry or indoor slopes in the summer which would be a good way to sharpen your technique in the gates. Most resorts, including Meribel, have a ski club for racers, normally populated by fearsomely good kids so I'm not too sure whether they would cater for saisonnaires. A couple of ski schools run race camps in the autumn, including Snoworks which I've done a few times.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 20-07-07 20:56; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.racer-ready.co.uk is the UK ski-racing magazine, and http://www.skiracing.com/ is the American one.
Hopefully some members of this forum who are based in Meribel will be able to give you more local info soon.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
spud, The usual place to train in Meribel is on the Grive piste at the top of the Plan de d'Homme chair. It is fairly expensive to rent a lane on this piste, but shared between a few people the cost comes down.

I would get in touch with New Generation and see if anyone is going to be doing Test Technique (Slalom) or Eurotest (Giant Slalom) training during the season. I have friends who work for them who have arranged training for themselves on this piste in the past.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spud, Welcome to snowHead 's

I ski in Meribel a bit and racing is somewhat dependent on your age but have a look at Kandahar Ski Club they are a race club that trains in Meribel and the Three Valleys. http://213.129.72.14/junior_index.htm

The British land championships were in Meribel last year and if you go to their site you may find some links to other organisations.

The ESF run weekly slalom races where you can be timed and if you hang out there you may be able to get in with the local clubs. The ESF are also running a GAP year course in Meribel in conjunction with BASI and the training is very race focused. you may be able to get in on that. Check out the BASI web site (which is currently uncer construction under GAP year courses)

Lastly depending on your level www.Snoworks.co.uk offers some training courses in Courchevel (the next valley over)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rjs, Who at NewGen would you recommend for TT training?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cheers guys,thanks for the quick response.Will look into all avenues.Much appreciated. Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skimottaret, If spud is working a season he/she probably isn't going to want to pay for private lessons. The cheapest way of skiing gates would be to share the cost of lane and gate rental with a few other people on their days off.

The UK clubs are only likely to be training in Meribel during the two weeks of the British Championships, same as last year.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rjs, fair enough just trying to give all the options Very Happy

I have done some training with NewGen myself and am training for the TT this season, Is it Zoe or Neil in NewGen Meribel ?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
spud, what have you been doing since Trainspotting ? Welcome to snowHead
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
spud, Welcome to snowheads snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Smokin Joe wrote:
spud, what have you been doing since Trainspotting ? Welcome to snowHead

Laughing I've been mostly eating Acorns...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
spud, Hi yerself.

Nice to see a chip off the old block.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
...Would that be a block made from Oak,from the tree the Acorns came from... wink Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy