Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

All Moutain bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just bought some '08 movement gladiators and I need to find some bindings for them.

Now I'm not really an expert when it comes to bindings and I think they are all pretty similar to be honest. I've always used salomon bindings in the past but I've had a bit of trouble with them icing up when it gets cold and they don't function very well at speed.

Looking for a starting point to where I can do my own research. Good brands and specific models appreciated.

I'm 12 stone, 6ft and have size UK12 boots. Normally take a DIN of 7.5-8.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Checkout http://www.vist.it (click on the Union Jack, then products, then bindings)

Their 'FREE' binding in either 4-14 or 6-14 would be ideal for you when combined with their wide brakes (92mm which I think is what the Gladiator is underfoot?) & their DIR AFD. The FREE range mounts flat to the ski but if you want to be able to alter the fore/aft binding position (say between park & freeride) or swap the bindings between skis then the same unit is available to fit either the Speedlock Pro Super Light or TT mounting plates. The binding is an all metal construction (with a wide choice of coloured plastic covers) so it's extremely durable. I sell & install the VIST bindings & on testing them on my electronic torque release tester they are superbly accurate re the actual release settings matching the stated DIN values.

Another make that's very popular on powder skis is the Look/Rossignol Axial range. Or, if you want a rail system, the Atomic Neox 412 is a superb binding (I've got a few pairs of them).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It is 92mm underfoot.

I like the look of those vist bindings. The fact that they look like they are simply designed to keep your foot binded to the ski without any extra frills and weight. Very Happy

I think they are infact movement bindings, movement just brand them with thier own name?

Do you have a price list you could either email or PM me?

Thanks.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Spikyhedgehog, yep, VIST make 'em for Movement - should have mentioned that rolling eyes (Note to self: must inc all features/benefits in sales pitch wink). If you click on the Partner tab on the VIST site you can see Movement listed.

I'll PM you the details.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy