Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fasching & Easter 2008

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is really a heads up

Dont forget the religious calender is early next year.

If your skiing in Austria particular dates to watch for i.e Peak Season VERY busy.

Faschingsdienstag 2008 - Di 05. Februar
Aschermittwoch 2008 - Mi. 06. Februar

http://www.wann-ist.de/fasching.htm

Karfreitag (Good Friday) 21.03. (Fr)
Ostersonntag (Easter Sunday) 23.03. (So)
Ostermontag (Easter Monday) 24.03. (Mo)

http://www.wann-ist.de/ostersonntag.htm

In St Anton alot of businesses nowadays (Mountain bars & places in town) close up after the Easter Monday.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Am I the only one who thought this thread going to be about Wolfgang Fasching?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stanton wrote:

If your skiing in Austria particular dates to watch for i.e Peak Season VERY busy.

In St Anton alot of businesses nowadays (Mountain bars & places in town) close up after the Easter Monday.

Kind of a stupid attitude - means they'll get 3 weeks less business this year if this true.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Question: How busy does France get over Easter?

I may start looking for cheap flights to Geneva now given the relatively early Easter this year.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fatbob wrote:
stanton wrote:

Kind of a stupid attitude - means they'll get 3 weeks less business this year if this true.

Not really, most businesses make the bulk of there money between Jan & March (the tour company season). The number of customers in resort after Easter is less than 50% of capacity, its not economic to remain open.

I would say the Sunday March 30 will be the latest day for alot of places.

This is not to say ALL places are shut.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd guess this is right but I think resorts and business owners may have to get more flexible adapting to weather patterns and the death of the package holiday. For all the moaning about poor conditions at Xmas/January there was some great spring skiing to be had still in mid April. Forgot about the Faschnacht thing but Switzerland wil be busy then too.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fatbob wrote:
I'd guess this is right but I think resorts and business owners may have to get more flexible adapting to weather patterns and the death of the package holiday. For all the moaning about poor conditions at Xmas/January there was some great spring skiing to be had still in mid April. Forgot about the Faschnacht thing but Switzerland wil be busy then too.

There allways great skiing in April/May but the numbers of skiers still would not warant the number of places open.
BTW. Its been like this for some years. i.e the KK normally shuts at the end March begin April but if Easter is late then they close before Easter.
Package holidays are alive and well in Scandinavia & places like St Anton & Ischgl have agreements with them & British Tours operators are very much in abundance in St Anton.
DIY'ers make up a small fraction of guests. I would say them majority are Germans at the weekends & they do not spend any money.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Some resorts may well use the religious calender to dictate their season, most however know when the snow "should" arrive and when it "should" dissapear. The season starts early December and finishes early April, late April or whenever the snow dissapears for that area. Most resort workers know this and have summer jobs lined up for "out of season times". Personally I do not know of any resort that goes soley on a religious time frame.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Roy Hockley wrote:
Most resort workers know this and have summer jobs lined up for "out of season times". Personally I do not know of any resort that goes soley on a religious time frame.

Most resort workers are not the Proprietors of the buisineses, they would just be told what day they are packing up & have to be out.

Im not saying they work on a religious basis but I know for years in Austria. Easter Monday is the beginning of the end of the season as far as local busineses ar concerned.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy