Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Post-Mortem on last season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
see here
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good report.

Agree.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, good report.

It was a season to forget.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Whitegold, nonsense.

I had a great time.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As normal you can rely on davidof for a balanced perspective
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Whitegold wrote:
It was a season to forget.

Might have been for you, but I had some very memorable days fairly well interspersed throughout the season.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ditto....pretty damn good for me.... found some great stuff above 2000m. In fact, I probably can't recall trips that had better snow. Maybe, my timing was pretty spot-on but we got very good conditions in Jan and Mar
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I had 2 weeks, one Feb half term 3V fab snow & weather, 2nd Easter in Sestriere, best conditions there for 8 years. Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Most memorable season ever for me. Then again, life tends to be what you make it. Bring on next year Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Our trips were great too. Very early trip to the glacier at Solden, it had a covering of the fresh white stuff each day Laughing . The family trip to Les Gets was very good though the conditions could have been better. We did time it right with the snow but it was mild so the snow was quite wet, still had a great time though, once they'd got the new snow bashed the higher runs there were good. Then a very late trip to Tignes which was spot on Very Happy . So all in all a pretty good season for us, conditions could have been better for the family trip but we still had some great ski days there. Can't wait for the next one snowHead .
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Great season for me as well, for the Guys who rely on the whitegold falling from the sky it was not good but not too bad in the end, as the guy who owns the ski shop and some other bits in village said 'some years the snow is better than others ....
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I had a great time too but I can't deny the season wasn't a classic in terms of snowfall but I do think it's what you make of it to some extent.

First tracks at Cairngom in early December - perhaps it'll surprise people to note that they opened in late November and there was enough snow on the hill for continuous skiing through to early May when they closed which was better than some low level resorts in the Alps as I recall - any days lost to snowsports were due to high winds rather than lack of snow. However coverage on the lower runs was sparse through most of the season so not a classic one by any means.

Xmas in Les Gets (Portes de Soleil) where most of the available snow seemed to be machine made and only about 15% of the terrain was open so very limited and pretty poor all in all, but you make of it what you can so it was allright(ish).

February was in Mammoth, California, for a week and a half and the powder started falling on the night I arrived after what for them had been a poor start to the seaon. Conditions from that point on were superb and I had a fantastic time.

At the end of April it was a week in Val d'Isere (Espace Killy) which had great conditions on the whole, actually better IMHO lower down in Val than Tignes despite the difference in elevation, and a really fantastic end of season.

All of this was interspersed with visits to plastic (Gloucester) and indoor 'snow' (Tamworth) and this still continues with regular coaching sessions/instructor training etc.

So for me probably a vintage year in terms of where I skied and how much I've progressed technically but I can't deny anyone just going for a week to a low level resort in the Alps might have had a fairly iffy time of it in 2006/07.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
OK you can slide down anything and say you had a wonderfull time but the overall general picture for last season compared to the norm was as the report stated.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
^ you sound a trice sceptical there stanton wink

Yeah, the overall figures suggest it was pretty bad but from what I can see it was less or more so depending on where you were, at what altitude and what month you were skiing/boarding. I also get the impression that without snow making it would have been a complete disaster for many areas but it was still poor overall but less so if you in the right place at the right time, which I guess was my experience.

Anyway, here's to a much better 07/08 season - I'm sure we can all agree on that snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I went Heliskiing, and the week we went was the best snow I've ever skiied on. (Canada)

Had a good couple of weeks in Europe too, although the Off Piste did leave much to be desired..

Anyway, some skiing is better than no skiing!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy