Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

More easyJet flights on sale "from midday"

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just been told that easyJet is launching three new routes from the UK to the Alps today.

http://www.welove2ski.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=201&id=26

By the way, ssnowman, if you're there, what happened in the end about your cancelled flight?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sean Newsom, brilliant, thanks. snowHead Once again the easyJet special "news by email" system is a complete dead loss - if you ever get an email, it's absolutely ages after the event and a waste of time. I am a big easyJet fan but that system really is a waste of space. Flights from Birmingham to Grenoble are exactly what I am looking for for my sister and brother in law to visit in March.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w, that's interesting to know. I'd love it if you could give me a heads when eJ does actually send you a "news by email" update!

Grenoble, by the way is a great airport, midweek at least. I've heard it gets very busy at weekends with charters, and if flights are delayed, the crowds of disgruntled passenger spill out onto the pavement. But on a quiet midweek afternoon it feels like you're the only person there. A distinct improvement on Geneva!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
yes, we've had people arrive midweek at Grenoble several times, but not at the weekend, up to now. One big advantage of Geneva is that being Swiss (albeit there's a tiny French corner) it is immune from the strikes which quite often affect flights in and out of French airports. We once arrived at Grenoble, at 0800, for an early flight, only to find the airport even more deserted than usual, and practically no flights leaving, because of a French ATC strike. We had to take our visitors into Grenoble and find a train to Geneva, then they had to take a flight to Gatwick, rather than Luton (where their car was) then take a train across London, very late at night, up to Luton.

When we got home to our apartment, having sorted out their train for them, we found - yes! an email from easyjet telling us the flight was cancelled.

I have noted Geneva and Grenoble as airports of interest on my easyJet profile, and I'll try to remember to let you know if I get an email from them! It amuses me that the mails come from an address which starts "blackhole". Quite appropriate, really.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Excellent, thanks. I have had suspicions about the speed of the Easyjet mailings. It will be nice to be ahead of the game for a change.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Grrr, I'm on the lookout for flights (or even just timetables for now) for the PSB, preferably Luton - Grenoble so I was chuffed to see that the flight has been released according to http://www.easyjet.com/en/book/winter_seats_now_available.html
However, if you try to book it then it tells you the flights aren't available and points you at the timetable - which still shows winter 06/07
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
FenlandSkier, it looks as though it might be only a twice-weekly service, on Saturdays and Sundays. If you enter one of those days, there are flights available through the winter.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sean Newsom, ahh, and it looks like it doesn't start until the end of December either, so no good for me.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sean Newsom, I received an easyJet email today telling me that Bristol winter flights were now on sale. That's been what, about two weeks now that they've been on sale? So maybe in another two weeks I might get an email about the new flights to Geneva (one of my airports of special interest) someime in August? It would surely be SO easy for easyJet to get emails out promptly, the present set up is just a waste of time all round.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sean Newsom, Got a 'generic winter flights on sale now' e mail this am.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Doh!

pam w, boredsurfin, thanks for the heads up! At least easyJet's press office is more efficient: unlike Ryanair's, which told me their winter flights would be on sale "in August", before starting to sell them in JUNE. Are either of you on its email alert system? Is it any better? I've been bombarded with summer deals, but haven't seen anything about the winter flights.

I'll ask eJ what they're up to as far as email alerts go.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boredsurfin, pam w, eJ claims there was a glitch this time with some of the emails, and they sent out a second batch - "Generally (and in the future) we will be mailing as close to schedule
release as possible."

Let's see how well they do!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

eJ claims there was a glitch this time

I don't buy that. It's been the same for some years. If it's a glitch it's a very long-lasting one. Given the general efficiency of the eJ website (second to none, I reckon) I can't imagine they have given this problem much priority. Why would they, when you come to think of it?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w, they really ought to fix it though. Then they wouldn't annoy Snowheads and their friends! It's not exactly good PR, and it can't be very difficult to sort out.

Anyway - if you get any more late ones, please send them to me at welove2ski.com.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
pam w, if you let me know an e-mail address and the routes you're interested in for future releases, I have a little script that checks the easyjet booking page and mails out when the bookable date changes. I intend to be running it again in November wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy