Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Worried about Easyjet flight

Poster: A snowHead
My flight back form Geneva to Luton next Feb half term has disappeared from the booking page.

I've emailed & phoned Easyjet & received 2 different answers. One said it's because it has sold out, the other said the web team are updating flight details later today (whatever that means).

The timetable is no help as this is for Winter06/07.

On further investigation this flight is now missing from every Saturday next Winter.

Has it been cancelled?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mmmm, that's what happened to the PSB'ers last year & we all got differing answers for a few days until Easyjet got their act together & admitted it was cancelled. I fear they may have dropped the flight from their schedule & that your flight is cancelled. Hopefully not.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spyderjon, I think you're right.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
check if they've switched it between LGW, LTN, STN
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fatbob, it's hard to tell as there are so many flights. They may have already been scheduled to fly into the other airports.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ssnowman, take the train, from London it makes real sense. 5 hours from Waterloo (bit of a bummer to change stations in Paris but that's just a short Metro or taxi ride). I've done it twice and it's worked out about 1 hour shorter than flying and a LOT less stress. Get in early the price is £99 return and you've space to kick your legs out and RELAX without the Orange ones leaving the seat-belt sign on while trying to flog you crap or the opportunity for a whole body cavity search by someone on Job Experience Confused
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Masque, how do you book a through train journey?

I booked Eurostar Italia last year & had a nightmare trying to book.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We noticed same about our return flight in December. We have also been told it is sold out, and not cancelled. Are you supposed to be returning on 17.25 flight aswell?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
codger, yes. I can't see how every flight throughout the winter has sold out. When are they going to inform us?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Masque wrote:
...RELAX without the Orange ones leaving the seat-belt sign on while trying to flog you crap

Masque - I know that you love me really Little Angel
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Easy jet Customer services direct lines 01582 525422 or 01582 525001 wink

or if things get tough Stelios 020 72419000

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Tue 10-07-07 20:43; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
or 0871 244 2366 wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Confused is an 0871 more expensive??
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Michelle, you mean pay the price and join the queue Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
boredsurfin, I just tell what I get told Shocked
snow conditions
The lines are closed now I'll try again in the morning. I've got a few numbers to choose from!
latest report
ssnowman, good luck, have pm'ed you the rest wink
snow conditions
ssnowman, which of the 8 flights a day have they cancelled? Presumably they would just move you to the one before or after....or am I being naive?
ski holidays
Elizabeth B, that depends on when they announce the cancellation. If they announce it late, then all the seats may have already gone. They will not allow a free re-route or refund until the flight is cancelled.
snow report
ssnowman, I've done the train to Geneva then taken the ski-bus to Tignes 'cos the train links to the Tarentaise is 'pants' (sic). But from all reports, trains from Geneva into Switzerland and the Northern French Alps are ace and not expensive. Maggi gave me this link http://www.sbb.ch/en/ for the Swiss side of the Journey.

Trains to Lyon and Grenoble are straightforward and with easy bus transfers to the main resorts (or hire a car). Germany and Austria are via Lille from Waterloo but the new 'Alliance' discount prices aren't released yet but rumoured to be about £60 return to Vienna.

I'm just sick of the crap that flying now forces people to swallow . . . there have to be better ways and I think that the European rail system has seen an opportunity and is going become a much better way to travel to the snow.
snow report
ssnowman - what happened in the end about your missing flight?

Masque - have you ever taken the direct Eurostar from London to Bourg-St Maurice? This winter it's going to to be even quicker than normal because of the newly-built east-London section of the line. Not absolutely sure just yet, but the journey should be around 8 hours, or less. Tickets go on sale on July 24 (08705 186186; www.eurostar.com), but they're not cheap - from £179. If you're prepared to go via Paris, and change trains there, they can be much cheaper, about £100 (tickets from Rail Europe, 0870 830 4864; www.raileurope.co.uk).
ski holidays
Masque, The eurostar ski service on friday night and saturday is now direct with no Paris stop. did it twice last year ashford to moutier direct, complete bliss when compared to flying.
snow conditions
Sean Newsom, do you know if the new St pancras service will stop at Ebbsfleet?
snow conditions
Sean Newsom, I've spoken to them again this morning & have been told again that it has been removed because it has sold out.

Whether that's true or not , I don't know!
latest report
skimottaret,

from their website
Quote:
Ashford International will retain three daily services to Paris and a daily service to Disneyland® Resort Paris as well as its weekly services to Avignon during the summer and the French Alps during the winter. Travellers for Brussels will be able to change at Lille, where there will also be rail connections to the south of France and across Europe.

http://stpancras.eurostar.com/en-gb/why-we-moving

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 11-07-07 13:06; edited 2 times in total
latest report
Easy jet..making ryan air look competent!!! Shocked
snow report
skimottaret, the train won't be stopping in Ebbsfleet (or Stratford) - just Ashford International, and then Moutiers, Aime and Bourg-St Maurice. Eurostar says the full journey will take 7hrs 40mins this year. For a Londoner that's quicker than flying, once you've factored the drive up to the resorts. And as everyone's been saying - it's a LOT nicer! You can forget upgrades, helicopter transfers: the direct train is the most luxurious way to get to the mountains.

Though lots of skiers with children would probably take issue with that!

ssnowman, I was looking at the eJ website. There seem to be lots of flights from Luton to Geneva, and back again, still showing - though I may have the dates wrong (Feb 9 and 16, 2008). If your flight's not showing then almost certainly it's sold out - have you already bought a ticket? If so, you can usually check your booking (in the 'Manage my Booking' section) and see what shows.
ski holidays
Sean Newsom,
We are on same flight in December and have also been told the flight is not showing because it's sold out. I can accept that is possible for half term week, but find it strange it is sold out for every Saturday in the winter already. We return on 22 December which is not exactly high season.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
codger, that's weird. What's the flight number?
latest report
Sean Newsom, 2068, 17.25hr
snow report
They're looking into it...and are calling me back. I agree - it doesn't look like it's sold out. The other flights are all too cheap.
snow report
codger, Sean Newsom, ssnowman

As spyderjon said in the 2nd post of the thread, this is exactly what happened to us last year going to the PSB. The flight was pulled from the schedule four weeks before we were due to go, and the only reason we found out about it was that Linds was being a bit obsessive about checking it every day. We also found out that it was company policy to not notify cancellations until TWO WEEKS before the flight was due to go - i.e. the minimum requirement before they have to make substantial compensation payments. It was only because about 20 of us was bombarding the Customer Services (also including inside assistance from Michelle) that we got a coherent story in enough time to make alternative arrangements without too much penalty.

IIRC the same also happened to a flight Red Leon and I were due to take back from the EosB 2006. Fortunately it disappeared the day before I tried booking it, so I was wised up to make alternative arrangements before things got too complicated.
snow report
codger, ssnowman, just heard back from the eJ press office. It was indeed very far from being sold out. Apparently they "put a lid" on the flight for a while because they thought they might have to reschedule it around the new Birmingham-to-Geneva flight, launched today (see http://www.welove2ski.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=201&id=26 for more on this).

Only a handful of seats had been sold and they didn't want any more going in case they had to change the timing.

However, eJ says that the flight details won't be changing after all, and it'll be going back on sale tomorrow.
snow report
Masque wrote:
take the train, from London it makes real sense. 5 hours from Waterloo (bit of a bummer to change stations in Paris but that's just a short Metro or taxi ride). I've done it twice and it's worked out about 1 hour shorter than flying and a LOT less stress.

Not sure if anyone has pointed this out but it will be from St Pancras from November, not Waterloo.
ski holidays
Sean Newsom, thanks for enquiring. The missing flight is now back on sale from this afternoon.
ski holidays
codger wrote:
Sean Newsom, thanks for enquiring. The missing flight is now back on sale from this afternoon.

interesting ... some friends of mine (group of 10) were on the 9pm flight back from Geneva on a Saturday in mid jan just gone but turned up at GVA quite a few hours early cos of hassle with no where to leave bags and EasyJet kindly moved them forward onto the 5:25pm flight at no cost because it had loads of space on it ... seems like it's not a massively popular flight
ski holidays
codger, thanks for letting me know!
snow report
Sean Newsom, thanks for that. Their story didn't ring true about the seats all being sold.
ski holidays
CANV CANVINGTON, possible but not likely!!!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy