Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grenoble accommodation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm thinking of flying out to Grenoble on Fri 25th Jan then either staying overnight in the area or going straight to the resort (not picked yet but between LDA or ADH). We'll probably go self catering in resort but expect that you cant get Friday to Saturday bookings, (8 nights)
Anyone know of cheap hotel in the Grenoble airport area or should I get a hotel for 1 night in resort?
Any suggestions for self catering also welcome as not been to either resort before.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I seem to recall there aren't too many hotels near the aiport, so you may have to drive to Grenoble, where you will have more luck. There are several hotel chains near motorway and ring-road exits.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Michael B, Grenoble airport is a fair way from Grenoble and I can't recall seeing any hotels there, there is a regular shuttle bus to Grenoble which is well served for hotels of all levels. There's an autbus service from Grenoble airport to most resorts, try searching on Grenoble airport and look for transport links.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Michael B, I stayed at the Hotel Alize near to Grenoble Station in January. It is cheap but I would recommend you avoid this one.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So is it best to get to resort and stay 1 night there? It seems that is the best option to me and also avoids any Saturday rush.
Do you think there will be a problem getting one night in Jan.
Any recommendations for self catering in ADH? Which is the best part of town for lifts, but also not too far for restaurants etc?
All help appreciated.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Colin B wrote:
Michael B, I stayed at the Hotel Alize near to Grenoble Station in January. It is cheap but I would recommend you avoid this one.

The Alize, alarm bells should have rung when they asked how many hours you would be staying. Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
davidof, Yes there did seem to be a lot of people arriving and leaving throughout most of the night. I didn't manage much sleep. Why is it always like that near railway stations anywhere in the world?

Michael B, Having said that a decent hotel in the area of Grenoble Train/Bus Station is ideal, easy to get off the bus from the airport and then catch the bus up to the resort the next day. Grenoble is also a pleasant enough place to spend a few hours.
I've only stayed in the Les Bergers area of ADH (and am doing so again next Easter). Lots of SC accommodation there and lifts close by. A few restaurants at that end of town but it doesn't take too long to walk to the main area also where there are many more.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Michael B, We stayed at the Novotel in Grenoble, cost £55 double room b&b, and it was very nice! That was on a Friday night, we then drove to Vaujany Saturday morning and stayed in an Apartment with Peak Retreats, would highly recommend them.
When we drove home the following Saturday, the traffic was horrendous into Grenoble, so I would recommend going Friday and staying overnight. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There is an Ibis near Grenoble station which I am sure is fine for an overnight. There's also one right in the centre of town which would be better if you want to have a look around Grenoble itself (not that it's very far to walk from the station to the centre). My experience of Saturday traffic in that part of the world is that if you are on your way early, it's fine. It's only if you leave it until lunchtime/early afternoon that it can get bad. I'd be surprised if it gets too bad in January tho...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks all. I still think I may try to get a one nighter in the resort. I get an extra days skiing that way too. Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Michael B, Not sure which resort you are heading for but from experience trying to find accommodation for one night in resort is not easy particularly if you want to book a long way in advance.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Michael B, If you were going to L2A Les Lutins are flexible with bookings, not sure whether it's possible in ADH though.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Michael B wrote:
I get an extra days skiing that way too. Very Happy

I'm not sure you do necessarily. You should be able to get from grenoble to ADH in not much more than an hour so that leave's plenty of time for skiing if you get the first bus up there
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Michael B, there are plenty of hotels in both resorts which should have one-night availability at that time of year - check with the tourist offices/resort websites.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Colin B wrote:
davidof, Yes there did seem to be a lot of people arriving and leaving throughout most of the night. I didn't manage much sleep. Why is it always like that near railway stations anywhere in the world?

One for Micheal Palin Happy... Kings X, Munich Ostbahnhof, Berlin Zoo Station... in fact the whole of West Berlin used to be full of crackhoes.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy