Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Billy No-Mates

Poster: A snowHead
I usually go skiing with #1 son in January or February. We usually book up just before Xmas, late deal, cheapy cheapy.

Next year #1 son is going to New Zealand for a month and cannot go skiing with poor old dad Sad

Anyone know of organisations or companies who deal with solo's. I suspect there is no chance of picking up a late deal if you are on your own.

We are East Midlands based.

Any advice, guidance would be appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
john w, ahem. May I pimp the steepish-off-piste event?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
john w wrote:
I usually go skiing with #1 son in January or February. We usually book up just before Xmas, late deal, cheapy cheapy.

Next year #1 son is going to New Zealand for a month and cannot go skiing with poor old dad Sad

Anyone know of organisations or companies who deal with solo's. I suspect there is no chance of picking up a late deal if you are on your own.

We are East Midlands based.

Any advice, guidance would be appreciated.

It isn't difficult to pick up late deals on your own, although admittedly slightly harder than for two.

Last season I got a trip to Neiderau for £249 (flights from Bristol, transfers, half board hotel single room and ski carriage), the previous year one to Campitello for £405 (same details, except flight from Manchester).

And then it is always worth checking on here to see if other snowHead will be in the resort at the same time.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
john w, Not sure how much you know about snowHeads, but there are a number of trips that everyone is welcome to join, and most of those are attended by people in a similar situation to yourself. The one nearest to Jan/Feb is the MSB to be held in Wengen in early March. If that is of interest have a look in the snowEvents forum there is a thread about it here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=27476
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I thought this about unpopular posters. Laughing Laughing Laughing

john w, Good luck, I'm sure you'll find something here
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
john w, another possibility might be to look at the top UK ski schools who run coaching weeks at all sorts of levels. I did a solo trip to Tignes with one of them, several years ago, and it worked well. I shared a room (with a woman who was already a qualified instructor, and was in a much higher group than I was!) which made it a lot cheaper, but there was an option to have a room to yourself if you wished. Snoworks (Phil Smith), that kind of thing. They are all geared up to people travelling alone, and a number of others were in the same position, which meant that I didn't feel left out. We had lessons all morning, we skied in small groups in the afternoon, falling in with people at the same kind of level, and there were evening video/feedback sessions.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
john w, if you're after something cheap, then the SnowHeads trips may fit the bill, being essentially assisted DIY. If money's less of an issue, then I can thoroughly recommend both the Snoworks and Ski Freshtracks, the holiday arm of the SCGB (their programme should come out in August). I've been several times on all three. Neither of the latter are particularly cheap, but are both immense value for money if you want something a bit more structured than a simple holiday and are looking to be stretched a bit.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I agree about Freshtracks being worth a look - and the snowheads bashes, of course.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
john w, myself & Mosha Marc are doing a Warren Smith week in Verbier from 19th-26th Jan - there'll probably be a few more snowHeads coming as well. It's a very convivial week that has many solo attendees. PM me if you want additional info.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Neilsons have a 'ski solo' forum - there are frequently people aiming to team up with others for all sorts of skiing hols from posh chalet to budget self catering, highly experienced to complete beginner.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
john w, Try this site http://www.singlesport.com/ I have known the owner for many years.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for the replies. I am glad to see that it is still possible to get late deals for singles. I think I will try my normal tactic and try for a late deal.

Thanks

John
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just book a lastminute deal in a top resort in a good-quality chalet from a standard highstreet tour operator (e.g. Crystal, Inghams etc.).

Chalets are sociable. The food is ususally hearty. And you may even get lucky with some ya-yas.

Don't bother with products marketed to solo travelers. They are clubs for losers.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Don't bother with products marketed to solo travelers. They are clubs for losers.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Whitegold wrote:

Laughing Classic
snow report
These are a nice bunch of people and not too far from you (mainly W Midlands I think):
http://www.midlandski.org.uk
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy