Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sleeper Trains in France

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have done the route on the overnight train from Paris to Moutiers etc a few times and normally travel down on Friday returning Saturday evening, but does anybody know if the overnight trains run every night during the week? e.g Go out Saturday or Sunday back Thursday?
Have any ladies done this journey on their own and taken the Ladies option only carriage? What was it like?

Also what would La Plange/Les Arc/Bourg area be like in Mid/late Febuary (I know school holidays rolling eyes )
snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You probably remember there are two sleeper trains to choose from on Fri/Sat nights going down there.
On weekdays there is just the one but there is one every night.

I didn't like the ladies only compartment: too excitable! They all started screeming just cos I took my burkha off rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

I didn't like the ladies only compartment: too excitable! They all started screeming just cos I took my burkha off

admin, rolling eyes
It was just a thought as may go out with a group but come back on my own and you never know who you could end up with in a compartment with Shocked
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Linds,

There should be Sleepers to the alpes on most days but they will run from Paris mostly. Some start in Amsterdam and run by Brussles or Lille. The snowtrain is the friday only charted service mainly for Brits and tend to run from London or Calais.

Thomas Cook used to do a timetable which was very useful. I haven't seen one recently
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Linds, does this help a little?

Your best bet might be to contact Raileurope, and speak to them.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Linds, the Paris-Briancon sleeper runs every day, so I assume the rest do too.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We once got the Sunday night sleeper back from BSM to Paris, so they do run every night. This was at the end of the French peak season in 2005 and there was loads of room. While we were supposed to be sharing a couchette, the other occupants saw that most of the coach was empty & moved to a spare couchette (the guard didn't mind). This is of course the scheduled SNCF service, not the British tour companies' charter train.

Booking via the SNCF website was easy.

One final pleasure was getting the first Eurostar back into London on Monday morning. We were still on holiday & drinking Duvels while most other passengers looked like they were on their way to work.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Linds, www.sncf.fr should help. No idea about a ladies only idea but if Sophie was only a little more open minded, and SNCF were only a little more open minded I'd be delighted to run a carefully controlled scientific experiment and report back. Not sure who'd pay, or pay for, the requisite posse of enthusiastic post grad french girlies though.

Look, It's 6h05 and I've been on a plane all day and about to get on another. I am allowed my petite fantasies am I not?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
David Murdoch, "petite fantasies" . . . my eye rolling eyes
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy