Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss property regulations may ease

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The Swiss government is considering relaxing its notorious regulations on property sales to foreign nationals. A cabinet meeting yesterday concluded that it would be better for the cantons themselves to decide locally how best to avoid the negative effects of property speculation and 'cold beds'...<br>More info at j2ski
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
This means there is a lack of accommodation in some resorts despite thousands of beds remaining empty. With nowhere to stay, tourists are moving on and infrastructure such as ski lifts is unused

I wonder if the Swiss will go down the timeshare/leaseback route as France seems to be doing to address the cold beds problem amongst other issues.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boredsurfin, there was an abundance of 'cold beds' in our complex in March, despite reasonable snow. I filled my place for most of the winter, but ended up frustrated beacuse they closed the pool on several days when we were there "because other owners did not want to pay for it when they aren't there". The matter should be resovled at our first co-prop meeting I hope.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Helen Beaumont wrote:
boredsurfin, there was an abundance of 'cold beds' in our complex in March, despite reasonable snow. I filled my place for most of the winter, but ended up frustrated beacuse they closed the pool on several days when we were there "because other owners did not want to pay for it when they aren't there". The matter should be resovled at our first co-prop meeting I hope.

I would rent your wonderful website to your co-owners and offer it as a rental agency and take a cut of their income wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dan100, I have thought of that. Thanks.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
there are some devlopments in Verbier that are only for sale on the contractual basis that ythe owners must put them into a rental pool.
A bit like sale/leaseback, but I have no idea what VAT/Tax implications there may be.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rungsp wrote:
there are some devlopments in Verbier that are only for sale on the contractual basis that ythe owners must put them into a rental pool.
A bit like sale/leaseback, but I have no idea what VAT/Tax implications there may be.

Transmontagne are running a leaseback scheme in nendaz again no idea as to vAT implications
snow conditions
 brian
brian
boredsurfin, I hear that the proposed plan in our commune is varying tax levels. You'll pay more if you don't rent out your property.

Also, this has been on the go for a few years. I believe the federal government asked the cantons to submit their views and this is the result of that process. It will then go before parliament and probably to a referendum (they're very keen on referenda in CH). Projected timescale if the abolition does go ahead is around 2010.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy