Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2014 Winter Olympics Host City Announced

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
2014 Olympic City Sochi
Guatemala City: Moments ago, the International Olympic Committee announced who will host the 2014 Winter games. The three remaining candidates were so evenly matched going into today's vote that no-one was prepared to bet on the outcome. As expected, no city gained an absolute majority on the first round of voting but Salzburg was eliminated for having the least votes....
A second round of votes were cast and then the two remaining hopefuls were forced to sit fidgeting impatiently through 15 minutes of promotional videos for various Olympic locations before being put out of their misery.

Finally the decision went to Sochi in Russia over PyeongChang in Korea but still extremely close at 51 votes against 47. Interestingly PyeongChang polled the most votes in the first round of voting but a greater number of the Salzburg votes went to Sochi as a second choice.

And, the Russian delegation cheered and jumped about chanting 'Sochi Sochi'.
And, the Korean delegation sat looking solemn or pressed handkerchieves to their mouths.

Quote:
THE VISION OF SOCHI 2014
"A new Gateway for the Olympic Spirit"

"Sochi 2014’s vision is to unite the resources of the city of Sochi, the Krasnodar region and the Russian nation to develop in Sochi greatly needed sports and resort infrastructure in a sustainable, inclusive, environmentally responsible manner. Our goal is to deliver Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games of uncommon excellence for the athletes, the Olympic Family, the Paralympic Family and the world.
Sochi’s natural setting is extraordinary, offering an inspiring combination of soaring alpine mountains and temperate, verdant coastal areas lining the Black Sea. It has long been Russia’s most popular summer destination for beach and mountain devotees..."

Source: Sochi 2014, Candidature File section 1.2 - Vision of the Olympic Winter Games

The delighted Sochi 2014 Chief Executive Officer, Dmitry Chernyshenko said, "We are overjoyed! This is one of the most important days in Russia’s history." Obviously not one for understatement then...

Official Sochi Olympic Bid Site

I wonder if PyeongChang get Silver medals to take home? That might cheer them up a bit.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I sit corrected after backing PyeongChang.

And the Sochi 2014 web site is th slowest loading site in history. Thought I was back on dial up wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Knees bent, arms bent ra ra ra.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I wonder if huge-scale bribery played a part in the winning bid ?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mike Pow wrote:
I sit corrected after backing PyeongChang.

And the Sochi 2014 web site is th slowest loading site in history. Thought I was back on dial up wink

Their website may not win any medals, but guess where Team GB will finish compared to Russia in the final medal table.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Where the hell is Sochi then?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's on the North side of the Black Sea
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dale Goldsmith wrote:

What are you suggesting about the glorious Olympic movement?? You can't seriously believe that honourable IOC members would ever accept 'favours'. Shocked wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
apparently Transmontagne have the contract to manage the building of the Olympic facilities. - I havn't been able to confirm this on the Transmontagne website but this is what French TV is reporting.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Red Leon wrote:
Dale Goldsmith wrote:

What are you suggesting about the glorious Olympic movement?? You can't seriously believe that honourable IOC members would ever accept 'favours'. Shocked wink

No..no..it's hospitality. 'Corporate Hospitality' I love that phrase.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy