Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet - Newcastle to GVA - Flights available.

Poster: A snowHead
Been looking twice a day for a month now and they are still not out. Fly to Kos on Saturday, what chance they come out while we are away ????? rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 27-07-07 19:39; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
me too Puzzled
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

what chance they come out while we are away ?????

the second you leave the house wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Smokin Joe, thats what yer get for living in the Hollywood of England Wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Charlatanefc, Laughing Laughing

They are still not out by the way !
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Sick of waiting Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Still nothing showing Confused
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dear Mr Mason

Thank you for your e-mail.

In response to your enquiry about the route Newcastle to Geneva, I can confirm that easyJet is not planning to operate this route during the winter season.

I would suggest that you register for easyJet e-mail updates on the easyJet web site. As well as advising of forthcoming promotions, this will also give advance notice of the schedule release dates and information on exclusive Internet fare discounts.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us Mr Mason. If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again via the contact us section of the easyJet web site.

Yours sincerely

Customer Services Representative
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
marmalade, I have just booked Leeds Bradford to GVA for the MSB. Leaving Leeds at 12.30pm. Leaving GVA at 16:15pm.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
So, no Newcastle to GVA next winter. Thats very disappointing. I wonder if easyjet have any other unwelcome surprises in store!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Why on earth have easyjet stopped the NCL to GVA flight, it always seemed very popular when I was on it
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
chrisb, To keep us notherners out!! Sad Sad .

Has anyone flown into Nice and then driven up to the Alps? If so, any problems? Seems like the only other alternative, apart from Chambery (Jet2 in winter). Can't seem to find any other direct routes Puzzled .
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
R32 there are plenty of Southern resorts close to Nice, dont think Isola is not much more than an hour (although I havent personally doen it) have however skied the Val d'Allos which was excellent fun and relatively low cost and it has a link to Pra Loup as well. This was about 2hrs 15m from Nice.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
R32, we have used Leeds Bradford.
snow report
Isola is a seriously easy drive from Nice, maybe an hour & a half? We also collected an amusing trail of fist-waving French people who would otherwise have made the journey in an hour.
ski holidays
Smokin Joe, We are also doing Leeds - Geneva for the MSB dates (not going to MSB though, as we've already booked Avoriaz) but I was hoping to pick up a couple more cheapies for weekends without the kids.

We have done Liverpool to Geneva in the past and it didn't add much to the time because, although it's further away, Liverpool airport is much easier to get to than Leeds.
snow report
There may still be some hope for Newcastle - Geneva. I sent the following to easyjet this morning...

I have been checking your web site daily for winter flights from Newcastle to Geneva but they still do not appear to be available. Can you confirm if easyjet will be operating winter filghts from newcastle to Geneva and if so when will they be released.

and got this reply....

Thank you for your e-mail

Generally speaking, new schedules are released one to two months before the end of the existing schedule. The exact date is dependent on confirmation of flight slots from the relevant air traffic control authorities.

I can confirm that our winter schedule is currently being released in batches; the majority of routes are now available.

As this didn't really say whether the route would be operating or not I then sent a simpler question......

Will easyjet be operating the Newcastle to Geneva route this winter ?

and got this reply....

Thank you for your email regarding our Newcastle - Geneva route.

This is a winter route only. At the moment our winter schedule is being released periodically over the next few weeks. Please visit the website regularly as I have no specific realse date for this specific route.

so, although easyjet haven't said they will be operating the route, they also haven't told me that they are not, twice !
latest report
Glad we got that cleared up!
ski holidays
AB Ski, maybe easyjet should go into politics, becuase those answers would have not looked out of place from a politician
snow report
The answer is no - if anyone wants to PM me their email address I'll send them the email.
ski holidays
R32,

I had a look round the place last month and would think that Nice to Isola in 90 mins is wishful thinking. I may be wrong as I was a bit too far west in Cannes but those hills are up and over a few mountains before you get to the Alpes Maritime.

If they went the way we did, via Grasse, then I'd be thinking 3 hrs from Nice. Just a pointer and I hope I am wrong and there is a more direct way.
ski holidays
JT, when we drove up to the Val d'Allos we passed the turing for Isola at less than an hour from Nice airport and I was told it was about 30mins from there up to the resort.....
snow report
Smokin Joe, obviously the opposite of the email I received then.
snow conditions
Easyjet's latest email offering has landed in my inbox this afternoon, it informs me of such fantastic ski-flights from the Midlands as Bournemouth to Krakow and Gatwick to Lisbon Confused
ski holidays
R32, Nice airport to Isola or Auron is 1 - 1/2 hours.

JT, From Grasse 1 1/4 - 1 3/4 hours, you wouldn't start there,you wouldn't have gone up the Route Napoleon ... up the Var much quicker.

Nice is an awful place to fly to as a driving gateway to the resorts North of the Alpes Maritime . Positioned where it is you have to drive around the Alps to get to Grenoble/Turin.

One option is 2 Easyjet flights as NCE-GVA is very cheap ime.
latest report
Agenterre,

suspected as much...we would just want to go via Taulane.... Laughing
ski holidays
Roger C wrote:
JT, when we drove up to the Val d'Allos we passed the turing for Isola at less than an hour from Nice airport and I was told it was about 30mins from there up to the resort.....

It's probably not that long- maybe 20 minutes. The road is very winding, but it's only about 12 kms to the first lifts and car park. We commuted from Monaco to Isola for a few days in a row, and that was roughly 2 hours, including the 40 minute drive to Nice. Very, very easy drive.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hcb11, Think you'll find the 'Val d'Allos' turnoff is the main road via Puget and Entrevaux; where you 'turned right' in the valley. Still 45-60 mins from Isola 2000. I suspect you are referring to the 'Auron' junction ( Isola village) .. and 15-20 minutes as you say from Isola 2000.

JT, Taulane is a secret Toofy Grin
snow report
Smokin Joe, flights are on , might book some tomorrow , just dont tell anyone.

need to change the title lol Razz
snow report
Just checked Easyjet web site whilst waiting at the airport for summer hols. Newcastle to Geneva are on sale.

Booked some but they are not cheap snowHead
snow conditions
Found January dates for £45 each return inc. taxes. Not bad IMO.

Can I justify another trip?? So tempted...
snow report
Registered users should now have an email confirming flights Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
Smokin Joe, After me watching for the flights for you while you were away baking in the sun they have just released them rolling eyes
In view of the fact that you had an email from them are you going to see if they will let you swap your flights for MSB?
snow report
No flights for PSB though, don't start until 14th December.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy