Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Benchmark runs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Mosha Marc, Yep, Wassa said it was 38-40 degrees when we did it with him & Si.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not a great mogul or off piste man myself so as someone stuck somewhere on the intermediate plateau

M in Courcehevel when's it smoothish
Epuale Charvet in VDI when smoothish
Combe Mont Vallon - great if you can get down without stopping
the blacks in Avoriaz down to the cable car (cant remember name ones a world cup one)
La Sache in Tignes
and I've always had a soft spot for the blue into La Tania - almost always in good nick and in FTS speak a great hooning run with loads of lovely rollers
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
looking back at fatbob start swiss wall is defo at limit of my capabilities did it once and got down in one piece but top part seemed v.steep to me esp with loads of moguls!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Milton Keynes, when it's cut up bad - yes, it's still a green - but there's a lot of people who struggle to put good turns down it.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
comprex, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Wear The Fox Hat, Thanks. I've now started to make a list of good reasons not to go there!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
spyderjon, Ah. Si was trying not to "Terrain f***" me then. He said it was only about 35.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hurtle, I wasn't trying to be funny, unfortunately for me I guess. That picture is at the start of not three but 5 top-to-bottom runs, 2 of which are gladed or 'sous-bois'. There are some other variations but none extend top to bottom.

I was merely following FtS example, if the group likes that then I'll fit right in.

Alternatively, the trees under John Paul lift at Snowbasin.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
comprex, You are now going to think I am completely barking, but the reason I thought it was funny was because it said 'Sutton' underneath it, and I thought you'd taken a picture of Sutton, Surrey on a snowy day! Go figure. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hurtle, Very Happy It would have been hilarious. And some of the XC skiers on the board might have taken me seriously, which, of course would mean that I'd have to try it for real... ai!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mosha Marc, you should never trust a word Guthrie says. My favourite personal example is 'you'll be allright mate, it's only a six foot drop'.
It's 40 degrees at the top but only if you go in over the fence behind the lift station. If you go across the rock band under the lift cables it is less steep, closer to 36. Still respectable though
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If...

You can run the Inferno in a "decent" time...
Top to bottom the Chamossiere black (Morzine), no stops, fall-line all the way in big bumps...
Handle a 6 down day heli week...

Then you'll be a man my son.

Other great runs:

Renard (Chatel)
Machon (Avoriaz)
That wickedly daft black in Torgon
Ripline/ripspeed/rip-daft name in Mount Snow
Back of Mont Fort
etc...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
BGA, yep that was the way we went in.

I had a "Get a move on, ya girl" at one point. I'd only stopped as all the snow around me had started to slip with me on it!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mosha Marc, never trust a man whose response to the question "how do you get your head round dropping big cliffs" is "well up to 60 feet it's fine but you never really get used to anything more than that". I've had my doubts ever since I saw his 105 foot effort off the back of Stairway on video.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I agree with David Murdoch, The Combe du Machon in Avoriaz is pretty tough. Personally I think it is harder than the famous "Wall". Problem is that it can be closed on occaisions.

Could name a blue run in Corvara that schared the sh*te out of me on the last day after a tough week. That is due to lack of fitness!!!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy