Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski School Tignes - Which one?

Poster: A snowHead
Those who've helped me in the resort section will know that the group trip I'm sorting out for next season is off to Tignes. Many thanks to those who've helped me with that.

Also thanks to fellow snowHeads, we've managed to decide that we're staying in the Val Claret area of the resort.

Now, I've been looking round for ski scools and have found out there are tons of 'em. Val Claret on it's own has;

ESF
Evolution2
Snowcool
Les Marmottons
BASS

and they're just the ones I'm aware of. I quite fancy the Marmottons guiding/feestyle service, but was wondering if anyone had any experience of the others.

We'll have a few absolute beginners of various ages with us, but the rest of us are yer standard issue intermediate. Any thoughts/hints? Does anyone know how to book Stuart Woodward?

Cheers All.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mosha Marc wrote:
Does anyone know how to book Stuart Woodward?

PM him or email him via his sig. He spends summer golfing in yorkshire so unless they've invented snorkel golf (quite likely!) he'll not be out today!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nbt, I'm so thick I can't find him in the userlist Confused
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mosha Marc, His email is at the bottom of his posts
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
srobbo, cheers, I was spelling his name wrong. Embarassed
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I did a couple of Evo2's technical classes at Xmas & was very impressed.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mosha Marc, Try BASS. they are on line with a couple of new ISTDs this year who are all top guys and very current.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mosha Marc, I had a private lesson with Evolution2 in Tignes Le Lac & found it very good indeed.
Several complete beginners & an early intermediate in our chalet had group lessons with them as well, & praised them very highly. The classes were quite small too, eight people max, I think - I know that they did actually turn people away, so it might be an idea to book in advance if you want group lessons at a busy time...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I had lessons last April with Rorie, an English colleague of Stuart Woodward in ESF. Rorie's based in Val Claret, Stuart in Lavachet. I, as many of you know, am the one that put 'nervous' in the skiing dictionary and Rorie was great, ever so patient and keen to build my confidence. He said he spends his summers at the Gloucester dry slope.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
don't forget these guys if you fancy some off piste Marc....

http://www.alpineexperience.com/offpiste.html

I guess you'd need to get over to Val D'Isere first thing in the morning though.........
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mosha Marc, I went at Feb half term a couple of years ago and Zit 3 had lessons with 333, others in the tour party were with ESF and Evo 2.

I think the verdict at the end of the holiday was that they were all as bad as each other. The class size might have been marginally better with the 2 independants, but the tuition quality was not great for any and I would think twice about using them at that time again. It is just so busy.

Would there be enough at the various levels in your group to make hiring your own instructor for 121 tuition work?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ray Zorro, I've tried that before - but at half term they don't seem too interested, they're so busy you can only get private lessons in the afternoon which isn't good for the nippers.

A few of the adults will get private solo lessons though.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Why not look up www.ski-instruction-tignes.co.uk They not bad. Good on and off piste.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Alpine Logic, The link doesn't work!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Alpine Logic wrote:
Why not look up www.ski-instruction-tignes.co.uk They not bad. Good on and off piste.

Alpine Logic, looks like that's your own ski school that you're recommending? Confused
snow report
FWIW my wife and I had a couple of excellent lessons from Alan at http://www.ski-instruction-tignes.co.uk/ last year. A great instructor and very nice guy. Very Happy
latest report
Alpine Logic, easiski, those pesky full stops got everywhere Very Happy

edit . . . .

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 30-07-07 19:11; edited 1 time in total
snow report
david@mediacopy wrote:
Alpine Logic, easiski, those pesky full stops get everywhere Very Happy

What full stops wink
snow conditions
FenlandSkier, Wow - magic !
latest report
Mosha Marc, We skied with Snoworks last Dec and had Stuart Bernard as our Instructor (on & off piste) he's with Evo2 (I think) but now also has his own school http://www.skifocus.co.uk/ - he's a brilliant Instructor and a really nice guy who made our lessons fun - we'd be more than happy to have him Instruct us again Very Happy
ski holidays
IncogSkiSno wrote:
Mosha Marc, We skied with Snoworks last Dec and had Stuart Bernard as our Instructor (on & off piste) he's with Evo2 (I think) but now also has his own school http://www.skifocus.co.uk/ - he's a brilliant Instructor and a really nice guy who made our lessons fun - we'd be more than happy to have him Instruct us again Very Happy

I think he's on the left here of one of Stewart W's photos
snow report
cathy, That be him Very Happy
latest report
IncogSkiSno, What are you doing posting in BzK? You're not allowed here wink Laughing
snow report
Spyderman, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Thanks for all the details everyone. Now I'm back from our Ski Clubs summer event I'll be getting bookings sorted out.

Cheers

Marc
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy