Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Valdi'sere. What are they building ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
looks big. Are they extending 'La Face', into the ground ? Shocked

http://www.snoweye.com/?page=fr-tarentaise&detail=valdisere&big=161
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Couldn't give you specifics, but I'd guess it is something to do with the 2009 world championships....they are also going to be clearing the Solaise area to create the womens downhill, I think the idea was that they will have some sort of grandstand finish for all alpine events....
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think it is an archeological dig to find my teeth after my face plant at the bottom of 'La Face' some years ago.
snow report
 monster77
monster77
martski wrote:
I think it is an archeological dig to find my teeth after my face plant at the bottom of 'La Face' some years ago.

Thanks for that, I now have to wipe coffee from my screen & key board Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
martski, Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
martski; i doubt you're the only one.
There is probably a rich seam of enamel there for one lucky prospector, I bet the tooth fairy's shitting herself!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
are they moving the solaise cable car station ?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There was talk of a sports centre, a new swimming pool, conference facilities and so on. Initial build for the forthcoming world championships, but after them to be modified to be a generally useful facility in the resort. Cannot remember where/when I heard this.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
was supposed to be a very swish new pool complex which was going to be used as a press centre for the 2009 champs first but they didn't get the grants and so on they applied for so that's not happening now. No one seems to be 100% sure what IS happening, latest word is that it's going to be a much smaller swimming pool (very like the perfectly good one we have already!). Something is still happening anywy as they're still digging.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I read in a magazine, whilst waiting for a hair cut in Albertville yesterday, that Jean Claude Killy has resigned as Director of the committee, or whatever, planning for the Mondiale, because of terminal frustration with the lateness of things and the arguments between the commune and the FIS, not least over how much bulldozing would be necessary to produce the level of safety for competitors and spectators being demanded by the FIS. Plus lots of personality problems which were only hinted at. The FIS, the article said, was threatening to take the championship elsewhere. May have been a load of rubbish, of course (as was the subsequent haircut...)

edit - sorry, I see this was flagged on Snowheads days ago! Might have known.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yep Killy has resigned due to lack of progress & political infighting (surprise surprise, it's Val we're talking about!). Not sure that the FIS have threatened to take the event away but there are rumours that another resort somewhere (??) has approached them to say that they will be ready if we won't. The Town Council have so far kept pretty quiet about this!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy