Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying Telemark boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I had a go at some tele sking at MK and it was great fun but unfortunately the biggest rental boots they had were too small for me and my toes got bashed up. I have a very narrow foot (UK12 to 12 1/2 "B" width) and have Lange freeride 120 Alpine boots in a VERY tight 30.0 Mondo, which after a week or so have bed in perfectly.

I had a look at telemarktips and they make some sweeping statements about not getting boots as small as you would for alpine as the liners dont pack out as much. They also say that Scarpa is the right boot for Low volume feet. Crispis and Garmont apparently are for wide feet so wouldnt be any good for me....

I would prefer to get some good advice, try some on and get boots and foot beds in the same place but it looks as though noone stocks them in England.

Not sure i can get to chamonix to see the Zoo keepers but i will be in the 3 Valleys this summer. Although i am loath to buy boots off the internet it looks to me that could be the only option and then have them fit by CEM or Profeet.

Does anyone have any ideas on tele boot stockists in the Southeast or near the 3 valleys?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skimottaret, Facewest have some. Scarpa suit my feet - and my Alpine choice is Lange - so should suit you too Crispi and Garmont much wider (like so wide I can't ski in them !) . In Scotland Braemar Nordic centre do a lot of Tele kit. My T1s are quite old (9 years or so) - and fit me in my usual UK size without any alteration. IMHO you don't need the precision of fit that you'd go for on alpine.

Sorry bit of a ramble - but the way I found the boots for me was to go to Cham and try loads on. snowHead Did a day tour the next day on new boots.....got to the bottom feeling a little unbalanced - then found that the T1s have a walk mode Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ski, Sounds like it is Scarpa for me. from the literature the T2x seems a good allrounder. Thanks for the Facewest tip I had a look on their site but dont see any tele boots, will give them a call though...

where did you go in cham? I dont have any details on where the "zoo" is or what it is called....

and a dumb question but can you do a BASI tele qualification on AT gear?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skimottaret,

Quote:

BASI tele qualification on AT gear?

You can't tele on AT ! snowHead snowHead snowHead

I went everywhere - it was a long time ago tho' - quite hard to find boots in a small (UK 7) size. I'm sure a PM to SZK will help - although you may have to wait until next years' stock is in. Telemark Pyrenees is a good place to look too..
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ski,
Quote:

You can't tele on AT !

i know, i know; but thought perhaps as they are free heal cousins of sorts it may be okay to use AT kit but i guess not is the answer to my dumb question..... wink

will have a look at pyrenees....
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If your in Scotlland MountainSpirit in Aveimore are good ( http://www.mountainspirit.co.uk/index.asp ). They also have some tele boots in their sale, unfortunately only Crispis on the website. None of the Sarpa tele boots are shown in the sale on the web.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
They seem to have scarpa T2X in size 30 and 31 - those seem a pretty large size so may not be easy to sell - you may be able to negotiate a discount Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dave Horsley, ski, thanks for the links...

interesting to read the Pyrenees website where they say Scarpa sizes are not "true" mondo point and in the larger sizes they are actually a bit smaller than normal mondo points. in my alpine size mondo 30 a scarpa boot is actually a half UK size smaller.

T2X is 299 Euro at pyrenees and £290 at mountain spirit....
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Braemar Mountain Sports will post you boots on a fit or return basis I think.

Slush n rubble usually stock the T2x as part of their "extensive" tele range wink but don't get stock in that early and you might get served by a muppet that thinks you want boots for watching TV.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
fatbob, thanks for the tip on braemar, as an more experienced telemarker than me with my grand total of 1 1/2 hours what do you recon on hwo tight boots need to be. i am hearing not as tight as alpine but not sloppy loose.

i will give s&R a ring as i very much want to try some T2x's as on paper they seem the boot for me. nothing on their website but as you say they probably dont get them in till the season. FYI, my local S&R ( a new superstore) is actually very good with a couple of knowledgeable skiers believe it or not Laughing Actually i got such good service with buying a backpack and avy gear that i bought a full set of skis for the family and my wife got boots there. they were willing to discount and were most helpful....
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skimottaret wrote:
fatbob, thanks for the tip on braemar, as an more experienced telemarker than me with my grand total of 1 1/2 hours what do you recon on hwo tight boots need to be. i am hearing not as tight as alpine but not sloppy loose.

i will give s&R a ring as i very much want to try some T2x's as on paper they seem the boot for me. nothing on their website but as you say they probably dont get them in till the season. FYI, my local S&R ( a new superstore) is actually very good with a couple of knowledgeable skiers believe it or not Laughing Actually i got such good service with buying a backpack and avy gear that i bought a full set of skis for the family and my wife got boots there. they were willing to discount and were most helpful....

Obviously differentiated from Kensington or Covent Garden where you're just as like to get an Aussie or Saffer wide boy who is blagging it IME wink

For fit I'd go with the thinnest pair of socks & in comfort with importantly no toe pinch around the bellows when you flex forward - that IME is the killer and not something boot techs can easily blow out. I've not had any work done on mine and beyond a mild tightness on the outside of my ankle bone occasionally can't see much reason to. But I did try all makes before determining I was definitley a Garmont fit.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
just ordered some Scarpa T2x's from telemark pyrenees who were MOST helpful on the phone and by email with sizing the boots. If anyone is interested in Scarpa make sure you look into the sizing as they do not use standard Mondo sizing in there boots. I am a normal mondo 30 but in scarpa am a 30.5

scarpa go by UK shoe size and it doesnt tie up with other manufacturers.

bring on some more tele!!! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skimottaret, If we go again in August will you then also but some skis, bindings, a new outfit et al Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nick W, as you can see i need little excuse to buy ski gear Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy